We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier and as such is at the heart of the development of digital electronic products. Arm's ecosystem includes many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
The worldwide Global Telecoms Service (GTS) Team is responsible for the stability, security, and sustainable growth of the internal network while supporting a high pace of change due to Arm's organizational success and expansion. Arm's highly talented global engineering community demands an outstanding IT platform as a working environment, and Arm hosts its own websites, award-winning datacenters, and other external-facing systems. The GTS team is responsible for connectivity, availability and uptime of the underlying network for these systems and more to end users and our colleagues in other IT teams.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and experienced IT network professional to join the Arm team. Your focus will be to provide daily operational support for ARM's global network infrastructure. Working as a member of the Global Telecoms Service (GTS) Team, the successful applicant will work on both BAU maintenance and upkeep of the Arm network, and contribution to improvement initiatives.
The location for this contract role is in Austin, Texas. The duration of the contract is 1 year.
About the role
You will develop a good understanding of the Arm IT network infrastructure and ARM customers to:
* Work on all internal and external network connectivity and maintenance * Business as usual daily operational support. * Monitoring and response to network alerts and incidents, updating known error and workaround database and problem logs * Site documentation updating and risk profiling * Site resiliency rating and improvement work (identifying and reducing single points of failure) * Work with third party vendors for support engagements * Contributing to reporting packs * Follow ITIL compliance using change and documentation procedures
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
* This is a contract role and duration of contract is one year * Relevant technical accreditation is required. * Experience of physical installation and maintenance of fiber and copper connected switches. * Must have strong WAN-LAN network experience, including administration and physical installation of routers, switches, wireless, telephony and firewalls. * Working knowledge of administering key networking technology, including the following: Campus and datacenter switching (Cisco CCNA preferred) * Firewall administration (Checkpoint/Cisco skills desirable) * Experience of proactively monitoring the security, capacity and availability of an enterprise network (PRTG, Stealth watch, Cisco DNA and system log interrogation) * Capable of performing network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose complex network problems. * Wireless management using Radius - Aruba, Cisco * Telephony management - VOIP solutions, ShoreTel, SIP trunks & implementation * SSL vpn solution - Pulse, Cisco ASA * Cisco ISE deployment & support desirable * Experience of clearly documenting systems and maintaining a CMDB * Understanding of ITIL, including incident management, change management and configuration management * Must be able to work well alone and as part of a global virtual team of different cultures. * Good communication skills with both colleagues in IT and customers (users), both on site and remotely across the world. * Must have internal customer centric attitude for supporting high level engineering teams. * Helpful, constructive and positive attitude to internal users and other ARM operational IT teams * Strong adherence to agreed deadlines while maintaining a focus on quality * Occasional regional travel may be required
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary:
We not I
* Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive * No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective * Information is crucial, share it * Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
* Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections * Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it * Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow * The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
* Be quirky not egocentric * Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know' * Make trust our default position * Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm's benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
* Annual Bonus Plan * Discretionary Cash Awards * 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings * Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents * Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D) * Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance * Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more. * Holidays, 13 days per year * Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service * Sick Leave, 7 days per year * Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM) * Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events * Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world's most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of "Silicon Hills" thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the "Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
ARM Holdings is a company that designs microprocessors, physical intellectual property, and related technology and software.