Do you love playing games, but love breaking them even more? Do you spend time picking apart game systems in order to understand them better? Or maybe to break them? Are you proud when you do break a game? We may have a job for you!
Bungie is looking for Testers who meet the rare criteria of being able to both push games to the limit with their creative ad-hoc approach and still understand how to execute a rigorous test pass against a well-understood system. Quality Assurance Testers at Bungie should constantly be thinking about the player experience and should leverage that approach to help us find each and every bug that could negatively impact the players' enjoyment of Destiny in the areas they test. This will require a strong desire to move between a wide range of complex game systems and an excitement to continuously learn them, but the results will speak for themselves when players get to experience the high-quality, polished game thanks to your efforts.
* Coordinate with a Test Lead to direct your day-to-day testing * Log excellent bugs with a deep attention to detail * Utilize your amazing communication skills to explain complex issues to stakeholders
* 1+ years of software testing experience
* Excellent communicator both written and verbal
* Excellent troubleshooter and problem solving skills; able to find root causes of issues efficiently and intelligently
* Excellent knowledge of specification-based (black-box) testing techniques
* Experienced gamer (FPS or MMO) including a solid foundation as a Destiny player (many hours played, and ideally multiple characters near highest Light levels)
* Accurate and quick execution of manual test cases, and ad-hoc testing
* Ability to work effectively with Test cohorts
* Must be willing to execute complicated regression scenarios using multiple platforms (multi-tasking)
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to work both independently and with a team
* 1+ years in video game QA (Developer or Publisher side)
* Ability to understand game systems and use that knowledge to create exploits
* Previous experience working on a shipped console title