PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Security Analysts are all members of the Security Operations Center, which is responsible to provide 24x7/365 continuous monitoring, investigation of security event, and the appropriate escalation in case of an identified security incident. They are the primary contact for any suspected security incident and work together with the SIRT team and Subject Matter Experts on resolving incidents and remediating threats to the Sony Interactive Entertainment enterprise. The Analyst also takes part in providing feedback to assist in the creation and steady improvement of correlation rules, security policies, processes and procedures and other department related documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Analysts include but are not limited to:
* First responder to security event escalations via tools, email, phone, chat, and ticket
* Perform intrusion analysis using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, log analysis, and pattern analysis.
* Detect, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
* Document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
* Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
* Corporate communication monitoring (email, slack, etc)
* Maintains knowledge of information security policies and goals
* Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
* Other duties that are assigned
* Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (2+ years)
* SANS GCIA or GCIH certification preferred, or relevant intrusion analysis experience
* 2 + year security analysis experience
* 1 - 2 years of IT or networking experience required
* Basic Linux/Unix OS and Windows knowledge
* Basic web technology knowledge
* Cloud knowledge
* Firewall rule and policy fundamentals
* Network routing fundamentals
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience working with customers via the phone, email, or other corporate communications methods
* Good independent problem solving experience
* Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
* Experience working with customers in a fast pace environment
* Quality and network security focused
* Knowledge of network packet analysis tools (tcpdump and wireshark)
* Basic troubleshooting knowledge
* Able to perform case management duties
* Industry recognized professional certification such as GCIA , GCIH, Security+, CCNA
* Past experience with or current understanding of intelligence gathering processes and systems.
* Direct experience in a primarily web based operations
* Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.