Do you have a passion for words and a knack for translating complex ideas into clear prose? Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing and most important areas of Microsoft's business? The Microsoft 365 Information Protection and Compliance Content Experience team is looking for a writer who is interested in topics like data privacy, information governance, records management, or regulatory compliance.
If you have experience or a strong interest in writing about or explaining these topics for enterprise or government audiences, we'd love to hear from you. Our team creates content that helps both large and small organizations understand how they can use Microsoft 365 to protect and manage their business-critical information, as well as monitor compliance with industry or regulatory standards.
We create a variety of content including in-product UX, web-based articles, and technical infographics: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Office365/securitycompliance/index
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively in a professional voice that is tuned to different audiences.
* Organizational skills and the ability to drive collaborative content projects.
* Customer obsession, strong problem-solving and attention to detail.
* Positive attitude towards change and ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Have a BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Technical Communications, Informatics, Computer Science, or a related field.
Previous professional or academic experience with data privacy, information governance, records management, compliance, related cybersecurity areas, or experience writing for legal audiences.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
* Create world class content experiences both in-product and for the web. Words matter, and you'll use the right phrasing and guidance to inform and empower our customers.
* Partner with engineering, marketing, and other content teams on end-to-end customer scenarios, helping ensure a consistent and coherent experience across products.
* Plan, write, and test technical content for enterprise IT admins and compliance, privacy, and legal professionals.
* Define content strategy, influence others, and help align teams in cross-product scenarios.
* Review and use data to help inform content strategy and develop your knowledge of customer needs, and security and compliance trends.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.