Job Description: Content Designer, Maps
As Content Designer, Maps you'll work on the Content Marketing team to create visually engaging maps and content to drive developer adoption and interaction. You'll be front and center in showing the art of the possible with our tools, helping Brand Marketing drive developers to engage further with our tools - helping to grow our Paygo users and increase our stickiness factor by getting more designers making custom maps in Studio. You will be involved in both cartography and content creation, from brainstorming concepts and interacting with internal teams, to executing creative assets across strategic channels to increase and enhance developer relations.
What You'll Do
* Update our blog weekly with posts about new map styles, Mapbox Studio and other relevant tools, tutorials, design thinking and systems and other designer and developer campaigns
* Play a leading role in the "Add a Map Campaign" by designing map styles every other week and promoting them via blog posts, email and social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
* Work with the Brand Marketing team on the Developer Newsletter to turn beautiful designs into actionable content that lead to an increase in engaged users
* Actively engage with designers and developers on social media, such as Twitter, by promoting map styles and answering user questions about design systems and tools
* Work with other designers and developers to build and maintain design systems for internal tooling and to be shared with our customers
* Hands on design work of maps, from ideation to delivery
* Develop, enhance and maintain the designer map styles
* Collaborate across teams, working with engineers and product managers as well as sales leadership to bring concepts to life
* LinkedIn Profile
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
* We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
* We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
* We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
* We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Mapbox is a provider of a mapping platform for designers and developers.