Forbes Media is currently seeking a Designer to join our Content & Design Services group. This position is for you, if you have a deep desire to design and contribute to the creation of compelling and user-centric content experiences. You're a self-starter with a meticulous dedication to detail and a sharp eye for design. Collaboration and a good laugh are key to your creative process. If this sounds like you, this role could be a great fit.
The Content & Design Services team works at the intersection of editorial, brand and thought leadership to produce high-touch, high-quality digital & print content experiences for both readers/viewers and Forbes clients. The team is tightly integrated with several other teams across the organization, from Sales to Marketing to Product to Technology, to ensure each content project is developed and executed successfully.
* Craft compelling and user-focused designs for Content & Design Services' products - which include custom microsites, data-driven infographics, animated illustrations & video, and print deliverables
* Collaborate with Editorial, BrandVoice, Insights and Social teams on content-design solutions
* Collaborate with Product and Development on technology solutions
* Conduct photo and video research, curation and editing
* Produce mock designs for proactive ideas for Brand Strategy, Sales, and Marketing teams
* Collaborate on new product initiatives
* Create and maintain working files within a collaborative file structure
* Enhance and evolve our products in tandem with your skills
* 3+ years of experience in digital/interaction design
* Portfolio showcasing thoughtful solutions to complex design problems
* Strong visual communication skills with a keen eye for layout, hierarchy, typography, and color
* Ability to balance and work within brand guidelines
* Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, and InDesign
* Proficiency in responsive design (HTML/CSS a plus)
* Nimble, flexible, solutions-oriented mindset
* World-class attention to detail
* A good sense of humor
* And most importantly a love for learning!
The defining voice of entrepreneurial capitalism, Forbes champions success by celebrating those who have made it, and those who aspire to make it. Forbes convenes and curates the most-influential leaders and entrepreneurs who are driving change, transforming business and making a significant impact on the world. The Forbes brand today reaches more than 120 million people worldwide through its trusted journalism, signature LIVE events, custom marketing programs and 40 licensed local editions in 70 countries. Forbes Media's brand extensions include real estate, education and financial services license agreements. For more information, visit: www.forbes.com/forbes-media/.
Forbes is an equal opportunity employer