CONTENT DESIGN SPECIALIST
Are you a great designer who also loves applying your creativity to help convey detailed technical information in a compelling manner that helps make topics understandable and interesting? Aviation Week Network is seeking a content designer to work on both the digital and print versions of our flagship title, Aviation Week & Space Technology.
Who we are:
Aviation Week Network is the leading provider of news, analysis, information and data for the global aerospace, aviation and defense industries. We are a tight group who work under pressure to meet our deadlines, but we do it with dedication and lots of respect for our subject matter. Informa, our parent company, is one of the world's leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
The Aviation Week Network, the world's primary provider of aviation and aerospace news and data, is looking for a Content Designer with strong design skills, attention to detail and who is fast and accurate while juggling multiple assignments and deadlines. You will work on both the digital and print versions of our flagship title, Aviation Week & Space Technology, as well as other publications. The Content Designer will report to the Content Director and play a critical role on Editorial Production Team.
You are accountable for:
* Creating layouts for bi-weekly and monthly publications on deadline
* Interpreting data and determining how best to represent it in various types of graphics
* Building charts or tables and graphics
* Retouching, silhouetting and color-correcting images in Photoshop
* Creating and updating templates and style sheets in InDesign
* Preparing and sending pages to prepress
* Uploading images and posting content to our Drupal-based content management system
What you bring to the team:
* An Online Portfolio demonstrating design type and composition skills.
* 3-5 Years experience and a B.A. or B.S. in Graphic design or art related field.
* Highly competent in Adobe Creative Suite.
* Great communication skills.
* Familiarity and knowledge of interactive design and online tools such as Infogram.
* Competitive Compensation Package
* Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
* Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
* 401k and Matching
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Generous PTO policy
* Work-life balance
* Additional discounts through various partnerships
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
How to apply:
* To apply for one of Informa's opening, please complete an online application at Informa.com.
* Why Informa: https://informa.com/talent/why-work-at-informa/
* What we do: https://informa.com/about-us/what-we-do/
* Informa.com: https://informa.com/
* Informa Markets: https://careers.informa.com/informa-markets/vacancies.aspx
Informa provides knowledge, up-to-the minute information, and specialist skills and services to academics, businesses, and individuals.