Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a curious and articulate writer to join our team of designers, developers, and product managers, leading our Content Design and Delivery. The Carbon Design team delivers IBM's world-class, open source design system, which helps designers and developers build beautiful web-based product interfaces. Explore it at carbondesignsystem.com to find out more!
Your role would be to:
* Understand the mission and objectives of our Design System for both IBM Developers and our Open Source community
* Constantly improve existing content for clarity, accuracy, and consistency - set an at least weekly cadence to Publish new and revised content to our web site, blog, and other public online forums.
* Envision and direct development of future content types (class curricula, tutorials, hackathon content, blog posts, youtube/twitch channels, scholarly papers, Presentations, and even printed output) with an eye towards reducing repetitive work by developing single sources of truth
* Create and deliver a content roadmap for these efforts, with appropriate but responsive prioritization
* Create/direct creation of templates and frameworks for various content types primarily authored by subject matter experts
* Use your investigative journalism skills to understand current practices in design and front end development and communicate them clearly to a broad audience.
* Deliver printed and packaged content to supplement our digital/web site content.
* Work with lots of smart people, build massive personal networks and think boldly about elevating the practice of design thinking in business.
Our new content design lead will play a key role in expanding our content and collateral, and will have the opportunity to work closely with IBM subject matter experts from around the world.
* Conceives and executes strategic creative content that's on-message.
* Inventory and assess all existing content types and locations
* Learns the keys and principles of IBM Design Thinking and applies this approach with the team.
* Edits written pieces and story narratives alongside a content strategy leader and other subject matter experts.
* Is proactive, flexible, a good team player, and willing to wear different hats to come together to get the job done.
* Direct the activities of junior content designers
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* 4-7 years experience in a creative writing role, 2-3 years leading a broad content creation/delivery/strategy effort
* 5 writing samples that demonstrate critical thinking, boldness, and clarity
* Previous work on a technical team turning other's domain expertise into compelling, clear, content
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* Excellent creative, conceptual, communication and problem solving skills
* Strong presentation skills
* Able to produce concise and convincing writing with grammatical and material accuracy.
* Experience with either content management practice/systems, or working with source control systems, in particular GitHub
* Experience working with technical teams in sprints
* Subject matter expertise in either Interaction Design or Front End Development
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Design & Offering Management
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:227980BR
* Location:AUSTIN, TX US