The primary responsibility of this position will be to support CPO's product information management processes and database. You will be a part of CPO's Content team that builds the product database and enhance customer engagement and experience (daily data entry, data collection and data upload processes for our products). With intra-company, vendor-specific and channel-specific processes, this role has layers of complexity that require a diligent and well-organized mind. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to navigate various software applications, build data quality, write copy for key products and promotions, and manage 20,000 SKUs with a team of like-minded colleagues.
* Collaborate with CPO vendors and software partners to extract and organize product content
* Product database management, including data collection from Essendant, vendors and merchants, data transferal and upload processes, process audits and data quality control. The database contains every piece of information about each item in CPO's online stores and marketplace channels, e.g. product name, price, features, weight, description, images, etc.
* Drive content improvement initiatives for sites and marketplaces to maximize conversion and identify required capabilities to improve
* Quality-assure the database to ensure that all product specifications and product descriptions are error-free and portrayed consistently across products and within categories
* Categorize and assign products to the correct taxonomy structure
* Improve SEO by collecting and improving product content
* Maintain Data Processes: You will also help document processes, protocols and procedures.
* QA content. Ownership of that ensuring all text, numeric and media content is accurate
* Audit CPO's site and marketplace listings for proper content execution
* Review Quartile 1 SKUs for A+ content enhancement
* Collaborate with various functional areas, including tech/ development, merchandising, inventory, marketplaces, site operations and the vendors to build and manage CPO's product listings and product content
* Write original copy or other marketing / promotional material
* Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams
* Familiarity with databases and product content software (e.g. Enterworks, Demandware)
* Excellent language and grammatical skills
* Good organizational skills & fastidious attention to detail
* Ability to meet hard deadlines
* Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience copywriting a plus
* Photo editing a plus
* HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
Essendant offers janitorial and sanitation supplies, breakroom items, foodservice consumables, safety and security items, and paper and packaging supplies.