As a Content Coordinator, you will adapt written materials for the Web. The role requires hands-on nitty gritty planning of a Drupal content migration. The Content Coordinator works under general supervision and exercises ingenuity and originality in daily problem-solving. This individual will show good judgment and initiative in performing assigned tasks and completes projects on schedule. Excellent interpersonal relations with all levels is a must for this role.
What Will You Be Engaged In Day-To-Day?
* Conducting a content inventory of the current 800-page site and suggesting revisions to the Information Architecture.
* Performing a ROT analysis to determine which content needs to be migrated, revised, or archived (in line with OMB data management rules and the needs of the client).
* Reviewing the current taxonomy and suggesting revisions to that taxonomy, based on keyword research that you conduct and analyze.
* Building content strategies that communicate and achieve client objectives.
* Reviewing a proposed set of Content Type Definitions (CTD) and identifying gaps where the content does not match the current definition proposed. Recommending changes and supporting changes with your research.
* Informing those CTD with Schema.org, traditional meta-data and social sharing metadata - Open Graph, Twitter Card, etc.
* Writing (or lead the writing) of metadata.
* Performing other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications Will Help You Succeed?
* B.S. or B.A. degree, excellent writing and oral communication skills, and familiarity with best practices in Web writing.
* 0-1 year of professional experience as a Content Strategist.
* Strong aptitude in AP Style editing.
* Solid knowledge of 508 compliance guidelines.
* Ability to work in Drupal as well as other content management systems.
* Working knowledge of accepted e-mail and Web writing styles and best practices, and of Web-based and e-mail marketing strategies.
* Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and authoring software such as Dreamweaver.
* Expertise in word processing software (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required, including all formatting functions essential to proper document form.
* Ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
* Proven skills in organization, work planning, attention to detail, follow-through, and follow-up.
* Detailed understanding of the Web is required, as well as the ability to generate fresh ideas for Web content enhancements in a fast-paced environment.
* The ideal candidate is technology-savvy, with a keen interest in creating clear content that enhances the user experience.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
IQ Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). IQ Solutions prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law.