At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Manage a team of Credit System Analysts that is responsible for Credit Systems development and Credit Risk System analytics for the Personal Finance Division Credit Risk function. Oversees the implementation and development of all processes, procedures, and policies related to the Risk function's Credit Rules engine and associated analytics. This position reports to the Head of Risk of the Personal Finance Division.
In this role you will:
1. Support Head of Risk in the development, implementation, and monitoring of all existing and new Credit Policies, procedures, and rules in the Risk Credit Engine.
2. Ensure group adherence to Bank of the West IT development, testing, and implementation standards for system development and maintenance.
3. Ensure group adherence to Bank of the West IT access and change management policies and procedures.
4. Support coordination of end to end user acceptance testing across multiple functions for any Credit policy changes to Credit Engine
5. Oversee key 3rd party vendor relationships supporting Credit Engine or Credit Policy development,
6. Oversee and manage all governance related activities to the function regarding documentation of business requirements, approvals, and system design,
7. Identify data analytics opportunities, designs, and execute test, data extraction, and analysis utilizing the department's various computer software packages within established deadlines.
8. Create, prepare, and document detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes: creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer.
9. Analyzes and recommends business, technology, and process improvement opportunities.
10. Knowledge of applications within the bank to interpret data requests and identify data analytics opportunities.
11. Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis procedures as applicable to the support of ongoing projects.
* Experience in managing small teams
* Ability to solve complex analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
* Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data.
* Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in a variety of formats (e.g. SAS, SQL, Access, JCL)
* Audit & Inspection
* Background in computer science, risk management and or Internal audit
* Administers continuous monitoring/auditing procedures.
* Partners with Audit teams to perform data analysis
* 7-10 years professional experience in retail banking or consumer finance industry
* 3-5 year credit risk experience
* 5 years information technology experience
* 5 Years in Technology Development & Data Analytics
* BS Degree, Masters Preferred
Field of Experience
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.