At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Chief Systems Engineer based out of El Segundo, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Missile Defense and Protective Systems Division is looking for a chief engineer for our team in our El Segundo, CA location supporting large Command, Control, Communications and Infrastructure systems. As the Command & Launch IPT Technical Director/Chief Engineer, the candidate is responsible for maintaining and controlling the technical baseline as it is developed from requirements to design milestones through the program's engineering lifecycle.
The technical baseline includes, but it not limited to, software, firmware, hardware, infrastructure, communications networks, and all supporting artifacts. This includes providing leadership to the team developing design solutions that must also remain affordable and efficient. The chief engineer provides this leadership within the framework of our engineering processes to ensure a quality technical baseline.
The selected candidate will be focused on the transformational activities to develop people, processes, and technologies necessary to shape, win and execute the current and future work. To this end, the Chief Engineer interacts frequently with the business development organization, strategy, and other programs. Selected candidate needs to have strong understanding of the mission and broad range of technologies associated with Command, Control, Communications, and Infrastructure. Candidate must also possess strong teamwork and communication skills.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline and 20 years of technical experience required; 18 years of experience with Masters; 15 years with PhD
* Active DoD secret clearance is required with the most recent background investigation within the last 6 years.
* Experience supporting ground systems development programs
* Experience with software development
* Experience in business development and capture
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Active Top secret clearance
* Large C3 development programs - systems engineering and software engineering
* Candidate exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
* Candidate had applied or developed highly advanced technologies, or scientific principles, or concepts. Viewed as expert within the field. Able to communicate effectively at the highest levels. Viewed as expert in field within the corporation.
* Working with various software life cycle processes and developmental methodologies, e.g., IEEE 12207, DO-178C, Agile Software Development
* The use of Model Based System Engineering to capture the requirements baseline, interfaces, and a functional architecture
* The use of models, simulation, and analysis to guide and inform the technical baseline
* A deep understanding of communications technologies including the use of multiple frequencies, secure waveforms, and resilient communications
* RMF controls development and implementation
* Cyber applications within a closed weapon-system network
* Working with Architecture and Engineering firms for operational facilities development
* Development of ground systems infrastructure such as power and HVAC
* Tracking new technologies and involvement with technology insertion
* Automation approaches across the development lifecycle
* Maturing product Technology Readiness Levels to drive down risk
* People leadership and the use of influence to guide teams
* Working with a geographically distributed team
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
* Education Assistance
* Training and Development
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.