As a recognized authority and leading contributor, this project management professional, provides consistent innovative and high quality solution leadership. Responsible for guiding the successful implementation of non-routine and complex business solutions ensuring high quality and timely delivery within budget to the customer's satisfaction.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle's solution meets the customer's objectives by combining industry best practices and product knowledge. Effectively applies Oracle's methodologies and policies while adhering to contractual obligations, thereby minimizing Oracle's risk and exposure. Exercises judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for effective project delivery on small to medium engagements. Provides direction and mentoring to project team. Effectively influences decisions at the management level of customer organizations. Ensures deliverables are acceptable and works closely with the customer to understand and manage project expectations. Supports business development efforts by pursuing new opportunities and extensions. Collaborates with the consulting sales team by providing domain credibility. Manages the scope of medium sized projects including the recovery of remedial projects.
8-10 years of experience relevant to this position. Prior project team leadership or management experience. Demonstrated ability to follow solid project management principles. Comfortable working in a matrix management environment. Strong communication skills to deal with internal stakeholders, customers, and vendors. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the portfolio focus. Selling skills preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A Project Manager owns the planning, execution, and delivery of customer implementations of Oracle application, software, Engineered Systems/hardware and Cloud projects. Project Managers will deliver projects using Consulting methods and governance systems. Typical day-to-day project activities include: driving project schedules, anticipating risk and variance, cost containment and disruption handling, managing all project resources, and project communications. Project Managers are leaders in Consulting and will be directing and influencing the customer in the areas of customer-side project involvement, operational readiness, and the overall relationship.
* Single point of contact for all assigned projects with responsibility for project deliverables, goals, and quality
* Lead project team of diverse skills and working styles
* Manage project schedule, issue/risk register, resources, and communication
* Assign and facilitate tasking into all team members controlling priority, status, and visibility
* Manage project scope and execute appropriate change requests
* Manage project financials including revenue forecast, project margin, and project cash flow
* Manage relationships throughout the customer organization including all project team members, business contributors and stakeholders, and executive management.
* At least 5-10 years experience as a project manager leading successful application/software, and/or hardware/technology implementations (including Sun or Oracle Engineered Systems)
* Understanding of efficient business processes (sales, order management/logistics)
* Strong communication skills with experience developing and managing customer relationships
* High motivation and desire to do whatever it takes to help the customer and our company succeed.
Travel: Approximately 25% Or As Needed
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.