Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Exadata Database team is building a new cloud native, Autonomous, multi-tenant, database optimized, smart storage cloud service. This service is expected to scale across thousands of tenants. It is based on the successful Exadata platform. This cost effective storage solution is engineered for highest performance and availability to run variety of workloads. We are hiring senior developers for this exciting team to build the service to power Autonomous database offerings in Oracle Cloud and Cloud at customer.
We have an open position with unique opportunity to work on this new cloud native service. We are looking for a senior engineer who loves to solve hard problem and can helps us with complete lifecycle, monitoring and operations of multitier storage systems. The role provides a mixture of production ownership and development. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations.
In this role you will:
* Work on the new multi-tenant, database optimized smart storage service
* Build new monitoring/administration solutions including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and patching of storage components
* React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
* Partner with distributed teams in prototyping new solutions
* Stay informed of new technologies
7 years of software development experience preferably in a distributed systems environment, preferably in the cloud
* BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
* Experience with storage architecture SAN designs for real-world deployments, including application analysis, network design, sizing and capacity planning and performance analysis/ tuning (Fibre Channel, iSCSI and FCoE)
* Experience with Storage protocols including NFS, SMB/CIFS, iSCSI, and FCP
* Experience with shared storage solutions
* Device driver development experience in Unix/Linux/BSD & Embedded OS environments will be a bug plus
* Familiarity with Flash Storage & PMEM
* Experience with Software Defined Storage solutions, such as Ceph, Gluster, vSAN, ScaleIO OR experience with designing, implementing and supporting object stores, such as OpenStack Swift, Cleversafe, S3 is big plus
* Experience with commercial Storage appliances
* Experience with datacentre networking, container networking
* Understanding of scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
* Proven track record of designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
* Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
* Possess a passion for technical leadership and mentoring
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.