Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Cloud (https://www.oracle.com/cloud/index.html) is looking for the best and brightest technologists as we add customer-centric and world-class solutions throughout the cloud stack. Oracle Cloud applications, such as Human Capital Management, Enterprise Resource Management, Customer Relationship Management and Supply Chain Management provide adaptive intelligence, standardized business processes and competitive advantage for thousands of customers across the globe.
Oracle SaaS applications (https://www.oracle.com/cloud/saas-suite.html) serve some of the largest enterprise customers in the world. It is low cost, hyper-scaled, and the clear leader in this space. Global LifeCycle Management (GLCM) enables Oracle SaaS applications for customers. GLCM is a set of automated frameworks and technologies that provision, upgrade, and patch customer environments. It also provides mission critical operations capabilities such as Data Recovery, Production to Test, Cloning, and Security Management.
Oracle SaaS GLCM team is looking for passionate, innovative, team oriented super stars who are seeking a major part in the transformative revolution of the modern cloud-based business applications. We are seeking best in the world developers, architects, and technical leaders; those who seek and implement imaginative and strategic solutions to large scale and complex customer problems; those who calmly take measured and necessary risks while always putting customers first; and those who thrive with ownership and accountability in such an environment.
We are looking for a strong engineering architect who thrives on research and development projects. We want you to be a strong technical leader who needs to be hands-on. We want you to work with the development team and can work efficiently with other product groups that can sometimes be remote in different geographies. You should be comfortable working with product management. You should also be comfortable working with other senior architects and engineering leaders to make sure we are building the right product and services using the right design principles.
Takes an active role in determining the effort of a project, assumes leadership on the technology and people in the project. Specifies the architecture of the project and evolves the processes to be followed as per the standards of Oracle.
Disseminates the knowledge within the team and also provides appropriate documentation for knowledge management in the future.
The incumbent plays an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
Contributes to Innovation and Patent initiatives and works towards creating products and hiving of businesses, acts as a key resource and a coach and mentor for SMTS and leads. Researches new technology or development tools to remain abreast of current and emerging technology.
We use tools such as Java, Python, RESTful API, Docker, and more, in a DevOps, CI/CD, agile development environment. You will have a major impact on Oracle's business by transforming how Oracle's SaaS/Cloud applications are delivered and maintained for enterprises.
* Outstanding academic background, with BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
* 15 years of software engineering and technical leadership with proven results in designing, implementing and maintaining complex systems and services
* Proficient in hyper-scaled distributed systems and cloud implementations with proven track record in Performance, Scalability and Resiliency
* Deep understanding of cloud design patterns.
* Comfortable in CI/CD and DevOps work styles.
* Experienced with SDLC/Agile/Scrum processes
* Good organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies in a dynamic environment.
* Proficiency in Design Patterns, OO modeling using UML
* Proficiencies with Java, RESTful API, and Python
* Experience in multi-platform development, including UNIX-based platforms (Linux preferred), and Windows
* Proven experience in test-driven development, with Jenkins experience a strong plus.
* Experience in working with a distributed team of engineers in a dynamic and challenging workplace that requires continuous innovation side by side with problem solving skills.
* Experience in technically leading a team of 5 developers
* High degree of professionalism and integrity
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.