Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Install, Build, Automation and Build Support Engineer for GoldenGate product suite
Consulting Member of Technical Staff
As an established industry leader, Oracle GoldenGate is a comprehensive software package for real-time data integration and replication in heterogeneous IT environments. The product set enables high availability solutions, real-time data integration, transactional change data capture, data replication, transformations, and verification between operational and analytical enterprise systems.
For more information:
You will own improvements in installation and build processes for Oracle Golden Gate product. This will require you to develop new installation processes or maintain existing production installer processes. Additionally you will be chartered with improving the overall build framework and monitor existing build processes to either make code changes or work with other developers to make code changes. This position requires you to be an independent self-driven contributor and at the same time work on a globally-dispersed team. Collaboration with individuals from other teams is a must.
Bachelor's degree in Computer science or related, plus 8 years related experience
or Master's degree in Computer science or related, plus 6 years related experience
Proficiency with build script tools and environment
Extensive experience with Linux including proficiency in make, gmake, CMake, python, perl, shell
Experience with writing Bash scripts
Experience building open source software using Gnu autotools
Experience with CI/CD technology, including TeamCity
Experience with Git source control
Experience with Gnu Makefiles when used for Gnu C/C
Excellent problem-solving skills
Experience and Skills that will help you succeed
* Programming background in C, Java, Perl or Python
* Experience with Linux/Solaris/AIX/Windows
* Experience with Jenkins or Hudson and Continuous Integration
* Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience with JFrog Artifactory
* Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
* Prior experience with installer processes and tools
* Scrum team experience
* Technical strength as well as leadership
* Ability to take initiative and adapt to and learn new technologies with short dev cycles
* Ability to investigate, debug, and resolve runtime product build issues impacting software delivery across various porting platforms.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
* Implement and operate a next-generation, fully automated software delivery pipeline.
* Initiate and implement improvements to create automated build and release environment with a focus on CI/CD and automation of build, validation and delivery of our software.
* Enhance installation process for GoldenGate product suite supporting multiple OS and Database platforms.
* Build Third Party binaries from Third Party Source code on various Unix ports and Windows
* Help shape the processes, platform, and tools used to drive software and configuration changes from development to production.
* Triage and debug runtime errors/issues in the software from development merges and third party updates.
* Lead projects, collaborate and mentor other members of the team as required.
Oracle is a computer technology corporation developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products.