What You'll Do
Cisco's industry leading Advanced Services organization provides business outcomes that increase the value of IT relevance to our customers and partners, and establishes Cisco as the number one IT Company. We do so through earning customer, partner, and employee loyalty by instituting an agile model that profitably builds, sells, and delivers services across all consumption models. The next-generation intuitive network requires an infrastructure that scales with the business needs and performs near peak ability and availability at all times. At Cisco, we provide the expertise and services support to help customers evaluate their network health, protect Business-critical investments, and prepare the network for future demands.
We can offer you the opportunity to make a difference and grow your career by working with great people, the latest technology, and top clients. With our team of over 12,000 employees, situated in 92 countries all across the globe, you'll be part of a growing global network where the career opportunities are endless.
Who You'll Work With
The Architecture and Delivery Excellence Team (ADE) has a great opportunity for a Network Consulting Engineer (NCE). This team is responsible for critical customer facing roles requiring a unique ability to influence innovation by recognizing gaps in customer capabilities and translating them into business requirements and an execution strategy. Being part of this team will provide you with incredible access to bleeding edge technology, state of the art tools and automation and a direct line to the Business Unit and Development Engineers in order to provide great services to our customers. To be able to keep our team and elite consultants as the best network and datacenter professionals in the industry, we have established strong focus on continuous development; you should expect the best in technical and consulting skills training.
Role & Responsibilities
* Takes lead role in working with Cisco clients, Account Teams, Customer Transformation teams and other Cisco resources to position and ultimately deliver the requisite Business Critical services in the deployment and operationalization of Cisco products , solutions and architectures
* Have the ability to present / articulate to customers and partners the value of Cisco Consulting Services
* Identifies opportunities with Account Teams and clients to expand services and delivery within their organization(s)
* Deliver Cisco's Business Critical Services across the Enterprise and Data Center Networking architectures by working closely with the customer on issues and opportunities in their network. This involves analysis of network data against Cisco Best Practices and guidance to optimize network availability and stability
* Performs problem analysis and acts as technical Subject Matter Expert for the complex network deployments and provides highest-level crisis management
* Participates, contributes and shares in the development and improvement of service offerings and delivery collateral
* Trains and mentors other engineers
* Complies with and supports company policies, processes, and utilizes relevant tools, to effectively execute the role, and support AS strategies and goals
Who You Are
* Master of Science and/ or Bachelor of Science in a technology and business discipline
* Active Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE) (written and lab)
* 6-8 years relevant experience in network engineering.
* Thorough knowledge/experience of SDA/ACI/SD-WAN technologies and associated consulting with Enterprise customers is preferred
* Expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment.
* 5+ years of customer facing service experience
* Experience and knowledge of Enterprise & Data Center networking environments
* Must have good Network design skills, with strong current knowledge of networking fundamentals
* Advanced knowledge and experience with the following areas: Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms, Datacenter Platforms, IP Routing, Internetworking, MPLS, LAN Switching
* Familiarity with software and features, examples include: MPLS (L2/L3 VPN) and MPLS-TE, BGP, ISIS, OSPF, inter-as, BNG, carrier Ethernet, Qos, Ipv6
* Prior Scripting, Python, and/or Linux experience highly desired
* In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability & capacity planning• Assist customers in planning, designing, and implementing with Cisco products across the network
* Hands-on and troubleshooting on any of the below third party products would be highly preferred:
* Scripting knowledge on Python, Pearl and other programming languages used for network orchestration and configuration management would be highly preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills, ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers
* Strong consulting & client-facing skills to include cross-functional influence, external and internal consulting/partnering
* Candidate must possess strong technical account management skills. Minimum 5 year of experience in Professional/Consulting Services or high-level support
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are inspiring leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.