Who You'll Work With
Consulting Engineering team is responsible to help customers and partners overcome complex technical challenges. On this team, you will get the opportunity to work in a uniquely diverse and socially responsible environment with one of the most creative companies in the high-tech industry. You'll be coached and mentored by some of the industry's brightest minds who will help challenge and develop your technical skills.
What You'll Do
Be part of team that supports Cisco Partners and Cisco Customer with Cisco Enterprise Networking technical adoption, configuration support and solution best practices across the service delivery lifecycle. Our goal is to help customers achieve their business outcomes within a team culture of collaboration, innovation and trust.
In this role, you will perform pro-active activities with Customers and Partners including:
* Educational technical engagement that encompasses concepts, utilization, troubleshooting methods and features.
* Assist customers to fast track their deployment/consumption and expedite the ROI Solution Support can offer.
* Support and guidance for deploying, updating and migration of the solution.
* Support with integration in Customer's IT environment and ongoing guidance to IT staffs who provide proactive support of the solution.
* Educate Partners to locate and use documentation, tools and processes associated with solid planning principals
* Assist partners with plans and executions of highly complex system upgrade and migration activities
* Analyse and troubleshoot issues encountered during POC staging and implementations (could include building simulated networks in test labs to resolve complex problems and compatibility issues);
* Work with Partner and Cisco Account teams on deal reviews, design reviews, Partner mentoring and practice-building projects and service offering opportunities.
Who You Are
You're an enthusiastic team player who is laser focused on driving customer and partner satisfaction through service delivery. You enjoy solving problems and understand business needs and outcomes. You are technical but have good communications skills and active listener who looks beyond the surface for opportunities.
* Extensive design architecture and troubleshooting skills in network/application operations
* Strong UNIX/Linux system knowledge
* Understanding of fundamental network infrastructure concepts including routing, switching, and TCP/IP
* Network Operating System experience, preferably IOS or IOS-XE/ IOX-XR
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* R&S networking experience.
* Routing platform : Cisco DNA, ISR, ASR1K, ASR9K,IR8X9, CGR2010
* Security: ISE, NGFW, Cisco Stealthwatch
* Preferred knowledge in Cisco DNA Center
* Switching Technology: C6500, CGS2520, VTP, STP, VLAN, QOS, C3750
* Strong knowledge in any two following areas:
* WAN protocols (BGP/MPLS and L2VPN) , IP Routing protocols ( OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS), Utility devices (IE switches, SACADA, RTU), Switching (C6500, layer 2 QOS, STP , C3750)
* Minimum 3 years of experience in configuring and troubleshooting enterprise level network environment.
* Minimum CCNA certification (active).
* Working knowledge of ACL, dot1x and other security feature on router and switches. More preferred if have knowledge of ASA.
* Troubleshooting experience using Wireshark, or other protocol analyzer.
* CCIE Routing and Switching; CCNP
Some travel to team meetings in centralized location will be required.
Ability and experience in working independently with remote supervision required.
* Educational Background Recommendation:
Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus 6-8 year's experience in network engineering or telecommunications support environment. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.