WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
Looker is seeking a solutions and implementations consultant to join our professional services practice. In this role, you will work with customers as a critical participant in their Looker journey. It will require you to understand their data landscape and needs to provide guidance on rolling out Looker in their organization. This includes designing data models on top of their SQL database(s) in our Looker Modeling Language (LookML), optimizing for performance, visualizing analysis among other areas of our product. You will also lead trainings for data analysts and business end users. You will also help shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs, customer issues and opportunities back to the sales, product and engineering teams.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
* Assess use cases for various teams within the client company.
* Develop a data model around stated use cases to capture client's KPIs and data transformations.
* Training audiences of 20 - 30 people.
* Take a consultative role and guide clients on optimizing their data environment to work most effectively and efficiently with Looker. This may include advising on database performance, altering the ETL process, providing SQL transformations, discussing API integration, and rethinking the approach of certain KPIs.
* Teach technical data modeling concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, data architects, business users, and IT professionals.
* Document and communicate product feedback in order to improve user experience.
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
* 7+ years of software implementation/services experience, preferably in the Data Analytics space.
* 2 - 3 years customer-facing experience, strongly preferred.
* A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights.
* Proven analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting expertise.
* Public speaking experience.
* Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, SQL Server, and Oracle).
* Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
* Ability to travel up to 50%.
* Preferred: Exposure to developer tools/workflow (e.g., git/github, *nix, SSH); Experience troubleshooting operations issues; Optimizing database/query performance; Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift); Experience with business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos); Experience with data warehousing; Exposure to NoSQL-based, SQL-like technologies (e.g., Hive, Pig, Spark SQL/Shark, Impala, BigQuery); Experience teaching.
NICE TO HAVES
* Troubleshooting operations or quality issues
* Optimizing database/query performance
* Business intelligence tools with a physical model (e.g., Microstrategy, Business Objects, Cognos)
* Developer tools/workflow (e.g. git/github, linux, SSH)
* AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS)
* Analytics requirements gathering
* Project management or Agile development
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a unified Platform for Data that delivers actionable business insights to every employee at the point of decision. Looker integrates data into the daily workflows of users to allow organizations to extract value from data at web scale. Over 1600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.
Looker is a software company employing business intelligence to make data accessible to organizations and data analysts.