* The role holder is responsible for the deployment and support of ICT solutions within one or more disciplines. * He/she provides technical support, resolving escalated technical issues within their own work area. This covers all areas of ICT such as systems and applications software, database management, network services, data and systems security. * The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant BT wide professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role.
* To provide ICT advice and/or professional services to both internal and external clients. * To provide support on projects, carrying out elements of the research, analysis and/or delivery. * To provide operational support ensuring KPIs and SLA are achieved. * May lead on the delivery of specific components of a project. * To draft reports and discuss recommendations based on research with their manager. * Share expertise with peers. * Occasionally provides on the job training to other team members. * To support the development and implementation of unit policies and procedures. * May involve liaising with internal, external and third party suppliers. * To input to cost/timescales solutions/options and manage expectations as appropriate with customer or business unit/LoB teams. * To personally participate in and contribute to BT wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within BT and external industry. * To use the relevant BT wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
* Contribute up to date detailed technology know-how to projects. * Would generally act under supervision but may be required, Out Of Hours, to work in isolation and take professional decisions to restore critical BT business functionality. * Provides accurate completion and delivery of supervised work.
* Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance. * Uses discretion in identifying and resolving complex problems and assignments. * Specific instruction is usually given and work is reviewed at frequent milestones. * Determines when problems should be escalated to a higher level. * Ability to determine the delegation to team members that report to the role. * May have some budget responsibility.
* Typically engineering/science degree or has served a technical apprenticeship and obtained NVQ and further education technical qualifications (i.e. HND). * May have obtained some appropriate recognised current accreditation to an external professional body and/or industry standard. * Relevant professional experience.
* Demonstrates competence in own area and may still be acquiring higher level skill. * Typically works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. * Deepens knowledge/skills in one area or broadens ability over a variety of skills. * Applies knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day to day activities. * Identifies unusual technical problems * Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, and investigates all the facts. * Understands the key business drivers; and uses this knowledge to focus own work. * Works to control costs related to own work. * Identifies the problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations; is able to generate possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures, leading to a sound decision. * Prioritises and organises own work to deliver to agreed deadlines. * Probes and listens carefully. * Able to present information clearly and in an appropriate style to make technical information clear. * Persuades others in straightforward situations. * Able to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas. * Builds productive relationships internally and externally. * Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise the potential of themselves, their team and the wider BT team.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.