Spaceflight Industries is a fast growing, venture backed, new space company that requires experienced, creative, and upbeat leaders who enjoy working in agile and dynamic environments. The company has two core missions. First, enabling timely and affordable access to space. And second, enabling timely and affordable understanding of our planet. We combine a big data platform, aerospace engineering, manufacturing, and launch services into a vertically integrated space technology company that is well-positioned to change market dynamics. We are seeking high-performing individuals motivated by challenge and ready to play a significant role in scaling our fast-growing company.
Spaceflight Industries is looking for a Constellation Systems Engineer to support planning, simulation, and analysis activities related to the BlackSky constellation of earth imaging satellites. We are looking for exceptional engineers who enjoy working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. The successful candidate will have a strongset of technical skills, experience in related projects, and an eagerness to solve challenging problems, helping to shape what and how we effectively turn customer tasks into imagery products.
As a part of our Constellation Systems Engineering team, you will be responsible for contributing to a variety of different constellation planning and analysis projects. These projects will generally be related to supporting optimization efforts as we grow the number of satellites and ground stations in our constellation, determining expected constellation performance for customer use cases, and providing analysis inputs to aid in operations planning. You will build internal and external outputs communicating analysis results and constellation capabilities, serving as an important interface to our business development team as well as to our customers.
* Develop custom tools to support constellation planning and analysis efforts
* Mature internal models of different constellation configurations as an input to simulation activities
* Independently build work plans for completing analysis projects, and execute to those plans
* Work to streamline constellation analysis process to ensure consistent and high quality outputs
* Convert analysis results into clear and concise outputs for internal and external use
* Support customer engagement through technical exchanges and in-person meetings (25% travel)
* Gain a detailed understanding of BlackSky satellite operations processes and satellite architecture to inform constellation simulation and analysis work
* Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Aerospace Engineering or similar
* 5+ years experience in a related field
* Proficient with one or more programming languages (Python preferred)
* Strong experience with orbital analysis and related software tools (e.g. STK)
* Possess strong team and inter-team cooperation and organization skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong understanding of audience
* Ability to sustain a workload effectively which has several concurrent independent activities
* Must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder)
* Experience with the operation of autonomous systems (satellites or otherwise) preferred
* Experience working directly with customers
* Knowledge of satellite systems preferred
Spaceflight Industries is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO/AAP/ Pay Transparency Statements: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
About Spaceflight Inc.
Spaceflight Industries is a space company that combines satellite design, rideshare launch offerings, and geospatial intelligence services.