We are looking for a Senior Console Software Engineer to join our SDK team and provide technical leadership related to our offerings on XBox1, PS4, Switch, and more. We are the team that builds complex SDKs so developers can integrate our high-performing, global communications network into their games. We require dedication, provide great work flexibility, and offer a stimulating work environment.
Vivox, part of Unity, is the leading provider of group voice communication for games and beyond. We provide and operate the communication technology for some of the world's largest games including Fortnite, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, and Rainbow Six Siege. Our products are used by over 100m people every month in every country on the planet.
* Architect, build, debug, and test our console SDK offerings, advocating for console requirements and design on a cross-platform team
* Collaborate with Product Management and other cross-functional teams to balance priorities with schedules
* Collaborate with other engineers to ensure our products are fully tested and working perfectly
* Automate everything non-trivial, especially test cases
* Use metrics to guide decision making, adding metrics where they are lacking
* Troubleshoot issues across the entire technology stack: client to network to service
* Drive internal education efforts, ensuring that the team's skills develop to keep pace with changing technology
* Mentor junior team members
* Computer Science degree or equivalent relevant experience
* Strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around the console platforms, including threading/concurrency, audio processing, networking, unit testing, and modern architectural design
* Ability to share knowledge with others well, both verbally and in writing
* Experience in handling both legacy code and greenfield development and can make technical recommendations based on the needs of the project
* Ability to engage in technical discussions with clients and peers
* Unafraid of errors like memory stomps, buffer overruns, stack smashing, and cache pollution
* Network protocols
* Performance profiling, e.g. PIX, SNTrace
* Jenkins/CI experience
* Game engine experience
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
About Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies is a computer software company that offers end-to-end development platform for creating 2D, 3D, VR, and AR games and apps.