EY (Ernst & Young)
The Connected Growth Platform supports our strategy to become the most connected, responsive and insightful consulting firm. The CGP will focus on managed services, digital and emerging technologies (including cyber), service delivery centers, EY wavespace™ and select system implementation practices. The CGP capabilities will be infused into our service offerings and go-to-market execution to provide our clients with cross-sector insights and integrated capabilities across all government and public sector, commercial and financial services sectors in the US. This integration will allow us to move faster, work smarter, and achieve more with our clients.
You will be a part of the US CGP Blockchain team, an innovative and collaborative group of technical developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. At EY, you will help our clients, some of the most influential companies, explore emergent applications and transform the way the world does business.
Your key responsibilities
You will have the opportunity to solve technical problems and provide innovative solutions to build and support client systems, applications on distributed infrastructure platforms like Blockchain. You will be responsible for designing and developing applications in different blockchain platforms such as Hyperledger, Ethereum, Bitcoin and other distributed computing environments.
Blockchain technology is a complex emerging capability that is far from mature. Above and beyond any of the "essential" skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimentation with new technologies and a passion for learning by doing and leading by example. If you consider yourself an open source enthusiast, a hobbyist in development or a best in class developer with a desire to gain knowledge in an emerging market, please apply.
Skills and attributes for success
* Aptitude to learn how to design and develop in the emerging space of distributing computing applications.
* Continuous research on emerging capabilities in this fast-growing area and identify where and how new capabilities can be applied.
* Ability to translate requirements from architects and product managers into functional code.
* Think through and anticipate how hackers and others may attempt to subvert or misuse applications.
* Contribute to EY's internal knowledge base on best practices in this emerging technology area.
* Work effectively with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds fostering an innovative and inclusive work environment.
To qualify for the role you must have
* Bachelor's degree and approximately 3 years of related work experience in application development, preferably on immature platforms and with emerging technologies, or a graduate degree and approximately 1 years of related work experience.
* Expertise in public key cryptography, Zero Knowledge Proofs, and other advanced cryptographic concepts
* Express and Node
* React and/or Angular
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience with testing frameworks such as Mocha or Jasmine.
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience with database technologies such as NoSQL and SQL.
* Previous development experience in Agile teams, ideally with knowledge of TDD environments which are remotely led.
* Understanding of web-scale application development architectures such as SOA and SaaS/PaaS.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations.
Ideally, you'll also have
* Previous experience with Ethereum (including Solidity), Hyperledger and/or Bitcoin highly desirable but not essential.
* Previous experience in Go, Python or Bash shell scripting is desirable but not essential.
* Previous experience of container technologies such as Docker is desirable but not essential.
* Previous experience of tools, deploying and configuring environment in Microsoft Azure is desirable but not essential.
* Passionate about technology and applying it to business solutions and interested in Blockchain and associated concepts such as smart contracts.
What we look for
We're interested in self-motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. Someone who can easily function in a collaborative, high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition we're looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you're passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients' with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Excellent training and development opportunities through established programs and on-the-job training
* Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About EY (Ernst & Young)
EY is engaged in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.