EY (Ernst & Young)
Connected Growth Platform (CGP) supports our strategy to become the most connected, responsive and insightful consulting firm. The CGP will focus on managed services, digital and emerging technologies (including blockchain), service delivery centers, EY wavespace™ and select system implementation practices. The CGP capabilities will be infused into our service offerings and go-to-market execution to provide our clients with cross-sector insights and integrated capabilities across all government and public sector, commercial and financial services sectors in the US.
EY Global Blockchain's vision is that "blockchains will do for networks of enterprises and business ecosystems what ERP did for the single company." In practice, we believe that blockchains will integrate information and process within and across enterprise boundaries and that tokens and smart contracts will become the standard ways in which companies transact with each other. To that end, we are developing several major blockchain business applications in-house to build and deploy "digital twins" of any business process on blockchains. We currently leverage both public and private blockchain protocols in anticipation that demand and adoption of public solutions will increase in the future.
You will be a part of the US CGP Blockchain team, an innovative and collaborative group of software developers, cryptographers, mathematicians and business strategists who are dedicated to the application of blockchain technology and the development of world-class products. You will be working on building our core products, exploring emergent applications, and implementing blockchain solutions for some of the largest and most prominent companies in the world.
We are a small, tight-knit team that is rapidly growing. You will be exposed to all levels of business management and have numerous opportunities for personal growth and career development. While the US CGP Blockchain team primarily focuses on US clients, the EY Blockchain Group is a uniquely global organization and we often collaborate with other teams in Europe, India, Asia-Pacific, and the Americas.
* 2 years of related work experience in application development; or a graduate degree with approximately 1 year of related work experience
* Demonstrable knowledge and experience working with the following:
* Testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, etc.
* Database technologies including both NoSQL and SQL architectures
* Git or other version control/source code management software
* Previous development experience in Agile teams, ideally with knowledge of TDD environments.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations.
We also look for (but don't require) prior knowledge and experience with:
* Ethereum and/or Quorum, including Solidity
* Container technologies such as Docker
* DevOps and cloud providers such as Azure and AWS a plus
Your key responsibilities
* Full-stack development including front-end, back-end, and smart contracts
* Translate requirements from architects and product managers into functional code
* Solve technical problems and provide innovative solutions to build and support both client solutions/implementations as well as our core product offerings
* Keep up-to-date on emerging best practices in this fast-growing area and identify where and how new practices can be applied
* Work effectively with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds, fostering an innovative and inclusive work environment
What we look for
We're seeking self-motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. Someone who can easily function in a collaborative, high demand, performance-driven environment. In addition, we're looking for people who recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and are sought after as people developers. If you're passionate about problem-solving and finding innovative solutions to complex issues, this role is for you.
Above and beyond any of the "essential" skills for this job, you must have a love of learning and experimenting with new technologies and a passion for learning by doing.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
* Excellent training and development opportunities through established programs and on-the-job training
* Feedback on your performance that will accelerate your growth
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
About EY (Ernst & Young)
EY is engaged in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services.