Configuration Manager II
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training. We are searching for a Configuration Manager II in our Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, located in Plano, TX.
L3 AS&T is built on the proposition that a small team of the right people can do what others will not even attempt. We specialize in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced small Unmanned Air Systems (UAS / UAV), advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies using small company agility and big company experience. We've earned a reputation for providing vital warfighter solutions at a faster pace than traditional DoD contractors, so if you like the idea of hands-on experience designing, building, testing and fielding new technology at a fast pace and supporting the vital missions of our warfighters, then L3 AS&T may be the company for you.
As the Configuration Manager II, you will support configuration management throughout the AS&T division. Key responsibilities include assisting the senior configuration management team with all configuration management related activities to review artifacts and drawings associated with AS&T products, including both hardware and software. You'll work as a member of an integral team consisting of the Program Managers, Integrated Product Team Leads, QA Managers, and Engineering team members. Effective communication and collaboration in the team will be essential to your success.
You will demonstrate success through:
* Support and maintenance of the CM process execution for new and existing products in accordance with industry standards and established organizational practices
* With direction, assign logical identifiers/part numbers in accordance with the division process and input into the CMDB
* Review submitted ECNs for defined artifact requirements and accuracy, process ECNs through the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool, and monitor ECN cycle process.
* Interface closely with the hardware and software teams to:
* Provide guidance on CM expectations and verify that the documentation meets the contractual requirements
* Ensure proper controls and implementation during the release process
* Perform general code management
* Create hardware/software baselines
* Prepare meeting agenda for Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings
* Define and prepare status accounting reports, meeting materials, and audit reports
* Establish and track programmatic metrics related to software and hardware CM
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance; existing active secret/TS clearance is desired.
* Associates degree is required; a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management or related area of study is desired.
* 2-3 years minimum direct or indirect Configuration Management experience in defense or commercial design and manufacturing industry 5 years engineering or engineering support experience in defense or commercial design and manufacturing
* Knowledgeable of ANSI, Mil Standard and industry drawing requirements for drawing reviews.
* Knowledgeable of industry standard PLM version control tools for both hardware and software.
* Basic knowledge of software and hardware development lifecycles
* Physical requirements include the ability to travel up to 5-10% and the ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
* Active secret or TS/SSBI clearance
* Windchill Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) end user or administrative experience
* Knowledge of source code branching, merging strategies and configuration specifications
* Agile CM experience and Agile Development Methodology experience
* Experience with SW automated build and release processes
* Familiarity with Bugzilla change request tool
* Experience with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence Atlassian software suite
* Basic knowledge of Subversion (SVN) version control system
* Able to review drawings in accordance with ANSI Y14 standards and provide guidance as required to engineering teams
* Knowledgeable on Documentation Security Markings
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies is a company developing advanced defense technologies and commercial solutions in pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space.