As a Configuration Manager, you'll work with service owners, process owners, and various service delivery groups. You will be responsible for execution and continuous improvement of the IT Service Asset & Configuration Management framework including, governance and control, standards, process, procedures, policies, communications and training materials and will be a key member of the overall IT Asset Management program team.
The Configuration Manager is responsible for the oversight of the Configuration Items in ServiceNow CMDB including CI identification, configuration change management, verification and audit.
* Ensure the integration and support of the Configuration Management process to the other ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Release, etc.
* Plan, manage and control the Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure the accuracy of configuration data and proper reporting and status accounting
* Work with various stakeholders and CI data owners to ensure the quality of the CMDB data is maintained and all Configuration Items are up-to-date
* Continuous improvements for the automation and maintenance of non-discoverable data attributes including integration of other asset management systems as required
* Conduct data quality analysis, provide recommendations to address data quality issues, and manage the implementation of approved recommendations
* Manage Configuration Item review attestations to ensure accuracy and completeness of undiscoverable configuration items maintained within the CMDB
* Participates in the planning, designing and implementing of the Service Model in CMDB to ensure visibility across the infrastructure environment
* Manage and define Configuration Management exception criteria, as well as tracking, reporting and workflows
* Document business requirements, workflows, use cases, functional requirements, test plans, test cases, and data mappings for new enhancements or modifications to CMDB functionality
* Develop training guides and communications regarding new features and functionality
* Responsible for conducting formal and informal training sessions with business and technical end users
* Build reports for data verification efforts
* 5+ years relevant experience in an Service Asset & Configuration Management capacity
* Education: Bachelor's of Science
* Experience with ServiceNow & ServiceMapping Discovery
* Demonstrated ability to assess environments, conduct gap analysis, recommend improvements, develop and implement best practices, processes and methodologies
* Knowledge of work flow process documentation and analysis
* Detail oriented with superior organizational and analytical skills
* Self-motivated and able to work independently and take initiative in identifying and addressing challenges
* Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple initiatives and working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
* Superior written and verbal communication/presentation skills with the ability to interact with various stakeholders across the organization
* Flexible to work in a constantly changing, high-pressure environment
* ITIL Practitioner Level Certification an asset
About State Street
State Street Corporation is a financial holding company, providing a full range of products and services for large pools of investment assets.