"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business." -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000+ trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
The Expeditors Cargo Handling team provides key services to the company's door-to-door global logistics offerings. Our services allow us to receive, manage, and distribute our customer's freight on demand, locally and globally. Our warehouse facilities make use of mobile scanning devices running our software. Our solutions are highly configurable, allowing us to support many business models and customer needs.
The Mobile Device Management (MDM) Administrator in Cargo Handling is responsible for administering the mobile devices used in our warehouses. The MDM Administrator will work closely with the application support team, application development teams, and networking team, to ensure the mobile devices function well and are kept up-to-date. The MDM Administrator will also work with end users to help troubleshoot issues with devices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Install new versions of apps onto production mobile devices
* Automate configuration of mobile devices using MDM software
* Perform mobile device OS updates and patches to distributed devices
* Design improved MDM processes to reduce manual steps from local IS staff in warehouse locations
* Troubleshoot mobile device issues in production, including Wi-Fi issues
* Work with our 3rd party Mobile Device Management software provider to resolve issues
* Oversee the MDM licensing process for new devices
* Perform user management for the MDM software
* Maintain and upgrade our MDM servers and software, working with our systems administration team
* Document processes
* Work with the disaster recovery team to implement high availability and/or disaster recovery for the MDM servers
* Work with monitoring team to implement monitoring for the MDM servers and software
* Knowledge and prior experience with mobile device management, particularly for Android-based devices
* Experience with mobile device configuration and troubleshooting
* Knowledge of mobile device Wi-Fi settings and troubleshooting
* Displays initiative to learn new skills and take on new challenges
* A passion for making process improvements
* Self-directed learner and self-motivated
* Excellent teamwork and positive attitude
* Customer service focused
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience providing support for mobile devices
* Experience troubleshooting Wi-Fi issues on mobile devices
* Leadership experience
* Experience with MobiControl MDM software
* Experience with Zebra and Honeywell mobile scanning devices
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Successful candidates must pass a background check.
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.