"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000+ trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Our Enterprise Technology team is looking for a Configuration Engineer to join the exp.o® Customer Application project team. This project is delivering a new version of several of our externally-facing applications by combining them into a consistent, modern platform. It is a high priority, high visibility project that's critical toward positioning Expeditors as a technology leader. If you are self-motivated and passionate about technology, customer service and teamwork, this could be the right position for you!
We need you to be a go-getter who is constantly on the lookout for opportunities to improve our infrastructure. You should have a strong focus on how the team can best serve our development teams and ensure they have the tools required to build and test the applications that make us the best in our industry. You work well in a team environment and know how to work with your colleagues to bring out their best. In this role, you will lead teams by example to create a self-service, fully automated build infrastructure that reduces friction in the development process and improves the quality of our application.
As the configuration engineer, you will own the application's build infrastructure, manage the configuration of the application to ensure stability and performance, and handle communication and scheduling surrounding these systems. This role also includes an expectation of proactivity - reviewing our current processes, the needs of our customers, and the performance of the application to continually improve our development and production systems.
* Comfortable and effective at communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Experienced in UNIX/LINUX scripting (PERL, Bash, etc.)
* Proficient with build and deployment tools such as Chef, Jenkins, or Ansible
* Experienced with DevOps / Infrastructure as Code / Continuous Improvement
* Able to formulate a design strategy from a mix of business requirements, concept documents, and verbal descriptions
* Well-versed in Java and related technologies
* Experienced at leading major systems roll-outs and deployments
* Proficient working with Virtual Machines on-premise and in Azure
Successful candidates must complete a background check.
Expeditors offers excellent benefits for full time employees:
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Key words: Logistics, Global Supply Chain, Project Management, Project Manager, Agile, SDLC
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.