Provide Hardware Configuration Management (CM) support for the Space & Airborne Systems (SAS) business area in Forest, Mississippi. Generate STAMP packages as directed. Perform all aspects of Configuration Management activities including the development of Configuration Management planning documentation; establishment and coordination of Configuration/Change Control Boards (CCBs); managing engineering drawings and software, including engineering change documentation, requests for variances and other design documentation; maintaining configuration control of Technical Data Package (TDP); maintaining data within the CM status accounting tools; maintaining configuration status accounting documentation; supporting customer reviews and audits; and ensuring compliance with Configuration Management policies and procedures.
Tasks also include working with the Program Offices, Chief Engineers, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and other CDMs. This candidate must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
* 2+ years of related work experience
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
* Ability to adapt to Configuration Management processes
* Ability to interpret engineering drawing practices and apply them to work products under formal control
* Ability to maintain product structure using standard tools
* Ability to work in a team-based environment consisting of organizational and outside customer contacts to meet project goals.
* Possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
* Strong people and change agent skills
* Ability to meet challenging deadlines
* Attention to detail
* Ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Ability to understand engineering concepts
* Ability to quickly learn Raytheon's SAS Management System (SAS MS), Program Gating Process, and CM/DM Processes
* Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work with internal and external customers
* Working knowledge of industry Configuration/Data
* Bachelor's degree
135131BR 135131 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.