Raytheon Company Overview
Are you ready to be remarkable with Raytheon?
Do you actively seek out problems and develop solutions?
Do you crave finding connections between things?
Do you enjoy helping individuals achieve common goals?
The Configuration Management and Integrated Design Check Department is looking for an individual to contribute to a fast paced Engineering Team and work closely with the Office of the Chief Engineer to provide guidance, support, and solutions to configuration management issues when they arise.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, proven teaming and critical thinking abilities, computer skills, excellent attention to detail, problem solving of moderate scope and complexity, and a solid competency in project planning. Working knowledge of a PDM system is a plus.
The Configuration Management department is part of the Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) directorate, which is responsible for ensuring our products are safe, reliable, maintainable, and under configuration control throughout the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. WLSE is comprised of multiple disciplines that support the program offices and customers including reliability, system safety, mission support, lifecycle engineering, configuration management, and data management. WLSE also provides program office and engineering support in the areas of earned value, integrated design check, product verification, and is engaged in operational aspects such as field and technical support, repairs and spares management, and program management support.
The WLSE Configuration Management Department at Raytheon Missile Systems is seeking an individual to fill a Configuration Analyst II position in McKinney, Texas.
This position requires frequent communication and collaboration with other organizations including Engineering, Operations, Property Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality, Contracts, Facilities, Program Office and the customer. The candidate will be responsible for mitigating daily challenges while working under general direction with functional leadership, program leadership, and internal/external customers. The candidate will participate in determining objectives of assignments, plans, schedules and will arrange their own activities in accomplishing objectives. As part of this activity, the Configuration Analyst will utilize a systems thinking approach in developing solutions to a variety of problems.
Candidate must have a proven track record of solving problems of moderate scope and complexity, have general knowledge and understanding of Government, Customer, and Raytheon configuration management practices and standards; must be able to work under general supervision, with minimal guidance and direction on managing and prioritizing their workload.
This position can be a Salary Grade G07 or Salary Grade G08 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
* Participate in the coordination and administration of assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control, verification and accounting for systems and equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
* Contribute with establishing procedures for, and implement the introduction of, changes to engineering documents for an assigned program.
* Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
* Ensures that customer and internal configuration management requirements are implemented. Supports change and status accounting activities to ensure compliance with configuration management policies.
* Participates in the establishment and control of configuration identification processes and baselines.
* Minimum 2 years of professional experience
* General knowledge of configuration management principles and take an analytical approach to solving moderate configuration challenges using Raytheon configuration management policies, procedures and tools (i.e. IPDS, Directives, CABS, PDM, Prism)
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills, along with the ability to coordinate with various engineering disciplines to ensure data integrity and compliance with configuration management policies
* Develop and present technical briefings to Leadership
* Identify and troubleshoot potential engineering and configuration problems, determine the impact on other organizations, network to determine the appropriate course of action, and follow through until corrective actions are completed
* Proficiency with MSOffice (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
* Good understanding of technology and computing tools (Product Data Management or PDM tools, SAP or similar)
* Solid competency in project planning
* Multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
Required Education (including Major):
* Bachelor's Degree
* This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizen are eligible for a security clearance.
Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html
139824 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.