"We're not in the shipping business; we're in the information business" -Peter Rose, Expeditors Founder
Global supply chain management is what we do, but at the heart of Expeditors you will find professionalism, leadership, and a friendly environment, all of which foster an innovative, customer service-based approach to logistics.
* 17,000 trained professionals
* 300+ locations worldwide
* Fortune 500
* Globally unified systems
Are you looking for a challenging systems administration job? We have one for you, directly attached to a software development team supporting multiple mission critical infrastructural applications for a Fortune 500 company. Over $8 billion dollars a year in business will flow through the systems you would administer. If you are intensely curious, self-motivated, passionate about technology, mission critical systems, customer service and team work, this could be the right position for you!
Responsibilities include participation in all aspects of the operation of our Apache Kafka, JMS and Managed File Transfer systems. Activities include deployment and capacity planning, hardware & vendor selection and ownership of the overall plan for maintenance. Additional tasks include supporting and assisting Tier I/II support resources in handling escalated issues and ensuring they have the tools they need for day to day operations.
This role also includes an expectation of proactive monitoring of the production environment. You will work closely with multiple teams to ensure the production systems meet the organization's evolving needs and proactively track changing technologies and standards. Join our team and help set the systems directions for an industry leader!
* Professional experience as a Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer or similar with a demonstrated history of success and progressively increasing responsibilities
* AA degree or higher in a technical field such as Information Systems, Application Programming or similar
* Understanding of computing and networking fundamentals and ability to investigate issues at the operating system and network level
* Demonstrated ability to independently assess, triage, prioritize and work on systems issues from initiation to resolution
* Proficient at using the Linux command line interface and at least one of the following scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python) or similar abilities in Windows PowerShell
* Experience administrating or developing systems using Apache Kafka
* Experience developing or maintaining systems using an interapplication messaging system such as JMS or AMQP
* Managed File Transfer System experience (AS2/FTP/SFTP/HTTP/RosettaNet)
* Java, C# or other OOP language experience
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
* Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
* Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Kafka, JMS, AS2, FTP, SFTP, Bash, PowerShell, Mission Critical, Systems Infrastructure, DevOps, System Administrator, Systems Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, High Availability, Disaster Recovery
About Expeditors International
Expeditors (Expeditors International of Washington) is a logistics and freight forwarding company.