Join Avitas Systems as an intern this summer to get a taste of industrial AI at its best!
Avitas Systems is a BHGE venture advancing the inspection and risk assessment services industries through predictive data analytics, robotics, computer vision and artificial intelligence. Its solutions increase safety and decrease inspection costs for industries by providing state-of-the-art robotic-based autonomous inspection management and a cloud-based platform that fuses, analyzes, and stores comprehensive inspection data to deliver advanced inspection scheduling recommendations based on anticipated risk.
The internship position is with computer vision team developing image, video and 3D data understanding algorithms that detect components and defects as relevant to inspection activities of large industrial assets. This is an exciting position to observe and contribute on how cutting-edge vision technologies such as SLAM, Deep-learning and Geomatics are used as part of a very ambitious product that predict and represent health of large assets such as power distribution lines, refineries and solar farms by exploitation of data collected by moving platforms such as drones and or streamed from fixed sensors.
The Computer Vision Intern will work closely with Computer Vision Scientists and Engineers to rapidly build, test and iterate the analyses and models to create high-fidelity automated classification, detection, and prediction solutions.
In this role Computer Vision Intern, you will:
* Investigate and apply image analytics and deep learning approaches and tools for detecting automated and assisted analysis of various industrial datasets including RGB, multi-spectral imaging, LIDAR, radiographs, thermographs, and ultrasonic and sonar scans
* Investigate and apply computer vision techniques to associate AI findings accurately to 3D digital representations of large industrial assets
* Data preparation, cleaning and large scale experimentation as needed to build solutions
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple offices and regions
* Enrolled in a BS or MS Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college or university with specialization, class work or demonstrated experience in computer vision
* Fluent with frameworks and languages such as Tensorflow, Keras, Pythin, OpenCV, VXL, DLIB, scikit-learn
* Maintain a GPA greater than or equal to 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
* Legal right to work without restrictions and/or company sponsorship in the country of your application
* Excellent developing skills in Python, C / C , or Java
* System Engineering and API based integration experience
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication
* Boston, MA
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more