* This position is an anticipated vacancy. However, the current incumbent has a right to rescind their retirement, leave, or resignation up until the day of the expected vacancy date. Your hire will not be confirmed until the position is vacated, and you may start the year as a Long-Term Substitute if the position does not become vacant by the start of the school year.*
Boston Public Schools seeks a Computer Systems Coordinator for Food and Nutrition Services (FNS)
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance and Business Development
Under the general direction of the Director of Finance and Business Development, the Computer Systems Coordinator resolves support issues by acting as a technical resource and assisting users (all department personnel including Food Services site based personnel) in their operation of software and hardware.
* Provides technical and software support to Food and Nutrition Services and Food Services Site personnel
* Ensures high level user satisfaction by keeping abreast of current conditions and issues affecting the user
* Identifies the user's needs and manages technical issues effectively
* Works with the Office of Instructional & Information Technology (OIIT), BASAS, other technical Departments and vendors, on seeking advice from and making hardware and software issue recommendations
* Utilizes email, remote control software, telephone, and web-based technologies to obtain and provide information and resolve problems
* Establishes and maintains good working relationships with school personnel and business representatives
* Maintains, backs up and transfers software files in strict accordance with prescribed policies and procedures
* Develops and maintains the integrity of the Food Service databases and applications
* Responds to Food and Nutrition Services user requests for information retrieval
* Provides reports as needed to meet Food and Nutrition Services needs
* Maintain a problem status report and inform the Director or Senior Management of any system wide problems
* Train school-based Food and Nutrition Services personnel in basic computer operations
* Participate in professional development activities as needed
* Keep track of FNS equipment and inventory quarterly
* Configures and tunes Food Services computers and applications locally and remotely
* Provides assessment and informs OIIT if there is a Food Service Network problem
* Participates in the Food Service technology planning process including technical proposals
* Perform other related duties as requested by the Director or Senior Management
* Work closely with FNS Senior Management
QUALIFICATIONS - REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's in related field
* 3-5 years of professional working experience in related field
* Technical competence in the following areas: Microsoft desktop applications and database architecture, cloud SAS applications, Mac/PC/Chrome operating systems Work patiently with users of all proficiency levels.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
* Ability to problem solve.
* Detail and results oriented.
* Ability to prioritize multi-task and complete tasks in a timely manner.
* Highly organized and self-motivated.
* Capable of making presentations to user or client audiences or professional peers.
* Ability to promote team building and work effectively with internal and external partners.
* Current authorization to work in the United States - Candidates must have such authorization by their first day of employment
QUALIFICATIONS - PREFERRED:
* Preferred Bachelors or Masters in a technology/computer science field
* 3-5 years of professional working experience in Information Technology and/or K-12 Food Services
* Experience with implementing enterprise level systems, particularly Food/Nutrition data systems
* Experience with point-of-sale technology
Terms: BASAS, Grade 6
Food Service personnel will be governed by the Committee's "Managerial Employees Conditions of Employment" (as revised January 2003) on the subject of vacations (14 days) and number of days worked (246) per year. All other subjects shall be governed by the applicable provisions of the BASAS collective bargaining agreement.
Please refer to www.bostonpublicschools.org/ohc (under "Employee Benefits and Policies") for more information on salary and compensation. Salaries are listed by Unions and Grade/Step.
The Boston Public Schools, in accordance with its nondiscrimination policies, does not discriminate in its programs, facilities, or employment or educational opportunities on the basis of race, color, age, criminal record (inquiries only), disability, homelessness, sex/gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetics or military status, and does not tolerate any form of retaliation, or bias-based intimidation, threat or harassment that demeans individuals' dignity or interferes with their ability to learn or work.