Job TitleComputer Svcs Technician
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Respond to internal user queries, answers questions and within established parameters, resolves hardware and software problems. Continuously observes the monitoring functionality of Philips Lifeline's multiple systems and aids in the determination of equipment or program failure.
Shift: Thursday, Friday and Saturday 8 pm thru 8 am
You are responsible for
* Completing daily backups of computing systems relevant to assigned shift.
* Assembling and preparing for physical distribution of all daily, weekly and monthly computer production reports during assigned shift.
* Performing continuous review and monitoring of the performance of Lifelines multiple systems.
* Accurately prepares median requisite forms for off-site storage of computer tapes and related media. Administer tapes and media returned to company.
* Performs preventive maintenance tasks as assigned. Records all problems or issues and forwards to supervisor and appropriate personnel.
* Notify appropriate personnel of system and application problems.
* Identifies User issues or concerns that affect the productivity or effectiveness of the business Community and forwards to supervisor.
* Responds to User queries, answers questions and resolve hardware and software problems in a multiple platform within defined parameters.
* Refers User queries, answers questions and resolve hardware and software problems in a multiple platform outside defined parameters to higher-level technical support personnel.
You are a part of
Computer Service support team at Philips Lifeline in the Framingham, MA office.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
* Associates Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
* Completed basic courses in Oracle SQL and UNIX
* Working knowledge in Window applications.
* Minimum of 2 plus years of related computer operations support/experience in a mission critical environment.
* Effective written and oral communication skills
* Strong teamwork and customer service orientation
* Ability to work under pressure and demonstrate problem solving, troubleshooting and documentation skills with attention to detail and follow through
In return, we offer you
A path towards a highly rewarding career. It is an opportunity to join our Philips team and strengthen our Philips product portfolio, expand our services and solutions and bring game changing technology to market. If you are someone who loves solving business challenges and passionate about technology and improving people's lives this is the role for you!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it's like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.
If you have any other questions regarding the recruitment process please refer to our FAQs. In case of technical difficulties with the website, please send an email to email@example.com.
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)