Would you like to explore the potential of machine learning? Can you develop practical solutions using cognitive science?
We have an opportunity for an early career Computer Scientist to apply machine learning / deep learning, computer vision and cognitive science to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our Computer Scientists provide MITRE-unique solutions across multiple sponsors. We are a driving force investigating, developing and defining multiple research initiatives in collaboration with academia, industry and our sponsors.
* Work in innovation and research initiatives related to machine learning/deep learning, computer vision, cognitive science, mathematics and statistics in combination with cybersecurity, data engineering and social science.
* Advance the Department domain knowledge and capabilities that align with strategic/significant sponsor needs and challenges including but not limited to:
o Adversarial information scenarios
o Defining, detecting and measuring information trust, bias/fairness in decision, models and algorithms
o Biometric authentication, detecting biometric or identity fraud, anti-spoofing
o Defining, detecting and measuring bias in datasets and information
o Information security and privacy
o Data generation
o Data impacting quality of decision
* Contribute to the technical work program of one or more projects and produce quality products focused on successful sponsor outcomes.
Required for consideration:
* Must be US citizen capable of obtaining and maintaining a DoD clearance.
* BS in an applicable major such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Cybersecurity or related field.
* 2+ years' work experience must include: machine learning/deep learning, computer vision, cognitive science
* Demonstrated proficiency using tools such as: TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, Theano, PyTorch, dlib, C/C++, Python, JSON, XML, SQL, NoSQL, DBMS, ETL
* MS with a minimum of one year of applicable experience
* Preference given to candidates with an active DoD clearance
* Documented success working in the fields of: cybersecurity, data engineering, social science, mobile computing, computer networking, virtualization, cloud computing, and big data.