Computer Programmer Analyst III
The City of Alexandria is located in northern Virginia and is bordered by the District of Columbia (Potomac River), Arlington and Fairfax counties. With a population of approximately 150,000 and a land area of 15.75 square miles, Alexandria is the seventh largest city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Alexandria has a charming waterfront and is a unique and historic place to live and work. About one-quarter square miles in the city have been designated as a national or local historic district. We proudly embrace our rich history and seize the endless opportunities that lie ahead. If you are interested in working for the vibrant City of Alexandria, we invite qualified candidates to apply for our Computer Programmer Analyst III position within the Department of Community and Human Services.
The Computer Programmer Analyst III manages the Department's integrated clinical electronic health record system (EHR). Incumbent performs complex work in the planning, development, analysis, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the electronic health records system, which comprises multiple modules (i.e., Client Data, Assessment and Treatment Plan, Scheduler), Provides technical support, makes technical recommendations and implements policy and procedure relating to data access, data security and database integrity. Ensures the availability of a stable and accessible computer environment for clinical electronic record users. Leads routine clinical and technical discussions to establish solutions for how to effectively and efficiently use the capabilities of the EHR. Collaborates with all external agencies as required to meet operational requirements.
What You Should Bring
The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and theories of data processing methods, database design, systems analysis, software testing, equipment types, and project management. Knowledge of database systems software programs, administering an EHR, and project management. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to individuals who are non-technical. Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects. Ability to train others in use of electronic data and health systems. Ability to analyze, interpret, and report findings; ability to supervise the work of others, and ability to perform the tasks of the position independently.
* Assigns and oversees the security of the electronic health records system;
* Communicates with clinical staff to align EHR functional capability with clinical business processes.
* Tests new system enhancements and applications;
* Acts as project manager for implementation of new system modules and enhancements through planning and coordination of all facets of project;
* Performs database administration tasks such as system maintenance and maintains database system integrity through the running of utilities;
* Acts as a liaison and representative for the Department at State and National User Group meetings;
* Develops and maintains electronic health records documentation specific to the Alexandria Community Services Board;
* Provides assistance, training and technical guidance to new users, subordinates and colleagues;
* Evaluates the need for and purchases associated hardware that will work in conjunction with the electronic health records system (e.g. electronic signature pads, scanners, etc.);
* Troubleshoots problems reported by EHR system users and works and coordinates with the vendor to resolve problem (s);
* Evaluates and prioritizes requests for new requirements, modifications, and enhancement to existing systems;
* Performs related work as required.
About the Department
The Center of Operations comprises Finance, Information Technology, Program Evaluation, Facilities, Human Resources and Contracts. Like the larger Department, the Department of Community and Human Services (DCHS), of which we are part, we are ethical stewards of the resources entrusted to us and are accountable for our actions. We communicate consistently, honestly and openly and demonstrate integrity in all aspects of our work. Minimum & Additional Requirements
Strong IT knowledge combined with leadership and management experience in a healthcare system. Three years of experience administering an Electronic Health Record (EHR) and conducting data and business process analysis. Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary professional team. Project management experience. Ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, to include information technology, clinical and management staff, vendors and the CSB Board. Master's degree and/or supplemental training in a relevant information technology or human services field preferred. Three years of supervisory experience.
This position requires the successful completion of pre-employment background checks including but not limited to: FBI/Federal Records Check; VA State Child Abuse/Neglect Registry; Medicare/Medicaid Fraud Database; education/certifications and driver's license.
Monday through Friday, 8:30AM - 5:00PM