What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is looking for an experienced Computer Engineer with an active TS/SCI clearance and polygraph
The Computer Engineer performs a variety of engineering analysis, software, hardware, and/or network
development, integration, testing, and maintenance tasks for purposes of integrating hardware and software products into environments or stand-alone networks. Identifies and resolve moderately complex computer engineering problems; defines, collects and implements computer engineering customer requirements for small to mid-scale, moderately complex projects; lead small product evaluations; and develop procedures for and perform moderately complex installation and configuration of hardware, software, or network products.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
* Identifies and resolves a full range of moderately complex computer engineering problems. Assists in identification and resolution of increasingly complex problems. Receives, tracks and responds to problems reported by customers (e.g., troubleshoots collaboration software, operating systems, web services, and database problems). Communicates with customer to fully understand problem. Researches problems by accessing internal and external knowledge resources (vendor websites, internal engineering websites, and vendor documentation) and/or discussing with more experienced team members. Keeps team lead or first-line supervisor informed of problem resolution status. Begins to recognize and recommend alternative processes or long-term solutions to recurring problems.
* Defines, collects, and implements computer engineering customer requirements for small to mid-size, moderately complex projects. Assists in defining requirements for large-scale, complex projects. Leads discussions with customers to gather requirements on projects (e.g. may work with customer to build test environments for developmental purposes). Participates in technical discussions on large-scale, complex problems. Designs and develops engineering solutions to meet customer requirements (e.g. writing, maintaining, testing, integrating, and implementing software, hardware, and associated documentation). Provides alternative design options to meet customer requirements.
* Leads small-sized product evaluations and assists in the planning of medium-sized product evaluations.
* Coordinates with components throughout the Customer organization to ensure proper interpretation, integration, deployment, operational support, etc.
* Prepares and provides briefings on product capabilities and/or project status.
* Performs moderately complex installation, configuration and maintenance of software and hardware network products. Builds infrastructure. Develops procedures for installation of hardware, software, or network components.
* Top Secret clearance with polygraph is required.
* Requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience
Required Education (including Major): Bachelors Degree in Technical / IT related field
General professional years of experience may be substituted for specialized years of experience at a ratio of three (3) years of general experience within an occupation for one (1) year of specialized experience. Relevant certifications will be considered equivalent to three (3) months of specialized experience. A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical discipline related to the specific skill.
* An Associate's degree will be considered equivalent to eighteen (18) months specialized experience.
* A Bachelor's degree will be considered equivalent to three (3) years specialized experience (total equivalency is not cumulative when combined with an Associate's degree).
* A Master's degree will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of five (5) years when combined with a Bachelor's).
* A will be considered equivalent to two (2) years specialized experience (up to a total of seven (7) years when combined with a Master's and a Bachelor's).
Please Note: This position can be classified as either an E04 or E05 dependent on the experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.