Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries. Bottom line? We out-think ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Complex Program Manager serves as the engagement single point of contact and has overall responsibility and accountability for the the achievement of P&L objectives and the successful delivery of the requirements specified in the Task Order (TO) Performance Work Statement (PWS). The Program Manager is also responsible for:
* Provide oversight and ensuring delivery effectiveness of project managers responsible for the system's build, release and version development by collecting, analyzing and evaluating management indicators as defined in the TO PWS and evaluating proposed technical design and development approaches and progress toward resolution of high risk technical areas
* Provide executive management and oversight for program and engineering management functions in all areas related to the execution of the requirements specified in the TO PWS to assure that all technical and other specified requirements are performed in a timely and compliant manner
* Establish an organizational structure which properly integrates all program management, administration, engineering, test, software design, development, integration, configuration management, software quality assurance, system security and safety
* Establish and maintain an effective internal control system to ensure that appropriate contract goals and objectives are met, resources are safeguarded, laws and regulations are followed and reliable data is obtained, maintained, and fairly disclosed through applicable contract data requirements
* Utilizing a management system that provides for the capability to plan and control the organization, schedule, cost technical performance, and progress reporting procedures
* Use forecasted programmatic trends derived from program analysis to avoid problems in the future
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
* Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
* Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
* Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role.
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
* Large Program Management - 5 Years
* Management of projects with over 50 staff and TCV exceeding $50M EVMS
* PMI certification ITIL, CMMI, EVM education/certification
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
* IT Complex Program Management - 7-10 years
* IT Agile Development 5-7 years
* Managing Large Systems Migration Cloud experience
* Managing Large Systems Design, Development, and Implementation experience
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree Commissionable: No
Key Job Details
* Category:Project Management
* Required Education:Bachelor's Degree
* Position Type:Professional
* Employment Type:Full-Time
* Contract Type:Regular
* Req ID:238201BR
* Location:HERNDON, VA US