At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
At Uber, we believe that providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way is a core feature of our product experience. Community Support Representatives are all about resolving issues for our rider and driver community, and making magic to turn unhappy users into our most passionate evangelists. The right candidate for this role is an effective communicator on the phone and over email, always looking for unique and exciting ways to solve problems, and motivated by opportunities to help others.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Resolve complex problems for customers quickly and with highest quality delivery using various support platforms (phone, email, chat)
* Be able to learn and master multiple systems (knowledge base and various contact management systems)
* Communicate quickly and effectively to various levels internally at Uber and externally to users as needed
* Be a subject matter expert on processes and may help internal Uber CSRs as well as users with complex problem solving
* Triage urgent issues, escalate to appropriate stakeholders, and drive them to resolution as necessary
What You'll Need
* Incredible empathy and understanding of both riders and driver partners alike
* Excellent organizational skills, integrity, and follow-through on tasks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Passion for helping others and creating support experiences that exceed users' expectations
* Ability to troubleshoot problems and find speedy resolutions in high pressure situations
* Must work well on a team, contributing to a synergistic work environment where people learn from one another and continuously improve processes on behalf of users
* Ability to work weekend or evening shifts
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, English or Journalism
* Support experience in a high-volume environment, including service industries, retail, hospitality or other support environments preferred
* Crisis counseling experience
About the Team
Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, and incubate support for new products, support modalities, and processes. The COE network pioneers how Uber manages support for our community of rider and driver partner around the globe.
Uber is a provider of a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.