Job ID R84251 Date posted Jun. 05, 2019
* Provide on-site and remote technical support to Dell Networking customer support partners and customers on current and future Dell Networking products. Be first point of contact for entire Dell Enterprise Solution components.
* Understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve customer issues.
* Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to Dell support, partners, and customers.
* Technical account management for partners and customers as required.
* Travel frequently to customer sites to perform problem resolution and upgrades, as well as handle and diffuse political situations.
* Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment as necessary.
* Analysis and gathering of technical details regarding customer environments and system requirements
* Deliver on-site consulting services such as performance monitoring and network audits and make recommendations for optimization.
* Deliver on-site or remote services including creation of high level and detailed design documentation, customization, product integration and acceptance.
* Work closely with Dell Networking TAC and sustaining organizations. Work customer escalations at the highest level.
* Acquire expert level knowledge on all Dell Networking products. • Available 24x7 on an as needed basis.
* Special project assignments from manager. Services and sales interlocks.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field, Masters in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a software/support and services environment.
* Minimum of 5 yrs prefer 10 years of experience in a backline technical support and services environment. Certifications/Accreditations: CCIE, JNCIE or BCPI, Brocade Internetworking Track
* Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and listening skills.
* Able to interact directly with sustaining engineering
* Foreign language fluency is a plus.
* Extensive experience supporting the following technologies; Routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP multicast, QOS, policy routing, packet filtering, networking OS architecture and performance issues.
* Experience in Spanning Tree protocol and its variants (xSTP), VLAN Membership Policy Server (VMPS) VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), MPLS, ISL, 802.1Q and 802.1p.
* Must have very strong customer and interpersonal skills.
* Must demonstrate exceptional customer service/support skills and represent Dell Networking in a professional manner at all times.
* Must understand the business impact of customer and partner interactions and be able to effectively navigate politically charged situations.
* Must be able to work with customers and partners from different geographies and be culturally sensitive.
* Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and have proven ability to function effectively without direct supervision.
* Skills in SDN/Open Networking and virtualization are a plus
* Work Schedule: Able to be flexible for last minute and planned travel requirements, including after hours, weekends, and on-call work as required. Travel: up to 75% (Peak). Average travel is once a month for three days.
Fluent in English and Spanish (English needed to submit requests to sustaining engineering in India & the United States)
Apply now Apply now