Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
The responsibility of this position is to support the global audio/video communications infrastructure and endpoints used to connect Grainger's customers, suppliers and employees. This position will ensure maximum availability, reliability, and performance of related services including video conferencing, web conferencing, large scale audio and video broadcasting, on-demand video and digital signage.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Collaboration Systems Engineers are expected to:
* Proactively monitor global video equipment and perform diagnostics and break fix support for endpoints and servers.
* Deploy, upgrade and maintain the global video conferencing network which helps connect customers, suppliers and Grainger team members.
* Make and implement recommendations on opportunities to improve and enhance Grainger's audio and video capabilities.
* Evaluate video usage and adoption within the company to ensure we are investing in the right technologies and in the right locations.
* Understand global distributed systems management techniques.
* Have experience with change management and problem management concepts.
* Assist other team members in producing high quality global video broadcasting events.
* Document video processes (How to and Troubleshooting Guides) and train our two AV Technicians on resolving Level 1 issues.
* Work with Lead Video Architect to create and execute a strategic plan to enhance Grainger's audio/video capabilities.
* Make use of Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies to help improve Grainger's use and adoption of existing and future audio/video investments.
* Strong knowledge of Cisco and Microsoft enabled video endpoints.
Preferred Education & Experience
* BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
* Must possess 1 - 3 years' experience with various video technologies including: Cisco Video Endpoints and MCU's, Cisco Video servers and applications, Microsoft Teams and Vbrick Rev.
* Must possess 1 - 3 years' experience supporting Microsoft (OS, applications, driver issues)
* Familiarity with using RDP to connect to and manage servers preferred.
* Ability to provide remote desktop support.
* Ability to determine, evaluate and diagnose advanced audio/video related connection issues and performance problems.
* Strong working knowledge of basic LAN/WAN network technology.
* Ability to work cross functionally with Grainger ES in supporting technology that leverages ES platforms (network, identity management, security).
* Ability to adapt technologies to meet changing business processes and environments.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Must have the ability to communicate at executive level.
* Must be proactive and able to work with little or no supervision.
* Travel is typically less than 10%. Some global travel required.
* 24x7 hour on-call availability by mobile phone
* This position impacts nearly every area of the organization. The performance of this person directly affects the quality of service being provided to our customers, suppliers, and business partners. A strong, dependable global collaboration infrastructure is critical for our business partners to be able to effectively communicate throughout the globe.
* The use of video conferencing is expanding rapidly. End user support, capacity management and effective deployment is critical to maintain daily operations.
* Who does this job partner with externally? Technical Staff (i.e. Network Engineers, A/V Engineers), Suppliers (Technical and Business), and Customers (Technical and Business). This position will require not only be required to interface with technical staff, but nearly employees at all levels of a particular organization (i.e. staff, manager, executive) requiring strong customer service skills.
* Who does this job partner with internally? Technical Staff (i.e. Network Engineers, A/V Engineers), Managers, and Executives. Since numerous people within the organization make use of video conferencing and video broadcasting, this position will work directly with employees throughout all levels in the organization from individual contributor level all the way up to the CEO, and potentially with various members of the board of directors.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Cisco, Network, Technical Support, Change Management, Technology, Management
About W.W. Grainger
W.W. Grainger is a distributor of maintenance, repair, operating supplies, and other related products and services.