As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Partners has made significant foundational investments in the data and analytic space, including an enterprise wide clinical and administrative system, a centralized data warehouse, research in big data analytics, and building out a massive bank of genetic data to drive improvements in personalized / precision medicine. We are looking to leverage these foundational components by continuing to invest in the development of data and analytic products and services for the spectrum of stakeholders across Partners.
Pivotal to the Data and Analytics Organization (DAO) to successfully deliver on its analytical commitments and investments is the Cogito Special Projects Lead role. This role will work alongside Revenue Cycle and Clinical leads to track, maintain, and implement an extensive resource capacity plan and capabilities to enable enterprise service offerings across the DAO.
The candidate will be responsible for: 1) resource management and allocation 2) understanding of the eCare Reporting delivery roadmap, and 3) ensuring that a plan is tracked against agreed budgets, strategies, and delivery milestones. Success in this role will be measured by ensuring the teams have the right balance of permanent employees, fixed term contractors, and third-party vendor resources - located in the right place at the right time delivering at pace against agreed goals and objectives. The PeC Special Lead recommends and follows up on actions to ensure commitments are met through regular metrics reporting to stakeholders, utilization and productivity is tracked, and costs are managed. This role will report directly to the Partners eCare Reporting Director.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinates and schedules work for development teams. Includes coordinating with stakeholders,
enforcing priorities, raising issues and communicating delays.
* Manage resource allocation across projects and cross functional teams specific to the reporting team
* Define project tasks and resource requirements
* Plan and schedule project timelines
* Work closely with revenue and clinical leads to help remove roadblocks and bottlenecks.
* Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
* Constantly monitor and report on progress of projects/deliverables to all stakeholders
* Participates in and/or facilitates project review/project meetings.
* Facilitation of regular PeC Demand meetings to review open issues, get status and
* allow a forum for re-prioritization.
* Drive the post-implementation project review process, including project evaluations and assessment
* of results
* Work with Director of Reporting for capacity planning, feasibility and impact analysis of new
* development projects.
* Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
* Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills by effectively working with other project team members to identify and resolve problems associated with the implementation project.
* Responsible for relationship with vendors and opening and coordinating issues with vendors.
* Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
* Independently track project statuses and inform manager of escalations
* Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
* Safeguards protected Health information from any intentional or unintentional disclosure in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related experience required.
* Minimum of 5 years related experience, including healthcare, clinical, or revenue cycle systems and report development desired.
* Minimum of 3 years managing small-med project teams
* Strong knowledge of SQL; ability to write complex relational and multidimensional SQL queries and complex stored procedures for data visualization
* Minimum of 3 years using data visualization tools: Advanced Excel, Qlikview, or Tableau
* Experience with Data Warehouse knowledge, visualization tools, repositories and methodologies a plus
* Experience of implementing tools, workflows, and processes for the effective management of people resources (Advanced Excel, MS Project, Smartsheets, Workfront) a plus
* Demonstrate strong analytical and numerical skills and can maintain accurate data using advanced analytical tools
* An excellent understanding of project methodology, frameworks and best practice, working in an Agile/DevOps environment.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
* Built effective networks across business areas, developing relationships based on mutual trust and encouraging others to do the same.
* A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long-term risks and implications.
* Experience of creating and deploying comprehensive business/operating plans which consistently deliver desired results.
* Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
* Ability to work effectively in a matrixed, agile reporting environment.
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings and present, both formal and informal including departmental and clinical user meetings.
* Solid problem solving and negotiation skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Can effectively translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements.
* Understanding and awareness of project management and lean techniques, and the ability to apply them.
* Office setting, with some local travel between Partners Healthcare System sites.
* May require occasional travel for training
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.