As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Cogito Business Intelligence Developer (BID) analyzes, provides specifications for, and writes individual reports for assigned applications to support the needs of end users, senior leadership, and the Epic project team. The Cogito (BID) serves as the primary Epic data model resource for the Epic Cogito Clarity application and has the responsibility of system support and maintenance, analysis, design, and change control of all reporting components used to build and manage Hospital / Practice / Business office reporting. The Cogito (BID) is also responsible for validating existing foundation system reports and identifying, in advance, optimization and performance enhancement opportunities. The Cogito (BID) also works with the BI analyst and customers to investigate, evaluate, and prioritize customer needs then translate into usable outputs (reports, dashboards, extracts, cubes, new Epic modules etc.). The Cogito BI developer will work as part of a team dedicated to assigned high operational value initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Create operational and project-related reports and extracts for implementation and ongoing support of the Epic Cogito Clarity Application.
* Create highly-complex extracts using 3rd party report writing tools to display Epic / Clarity data.
* Participates in project meetings as a key contributor with stakeholders from revenue cycle operations
* Demonstrate positive interpersonal skills by effectively working with other project team members to identify and resolve problems associated with the implementation project.
* Responsible for relationship with vendors and opening and coordinating issues with vendors.
* Responsible for writing fundamental documentation in a clear, concise manner, adhering to standards.
* Receives and documents formal report requests from customers for completeness and, if needed, works with customer to finalize request and build out requested reports.
* Mentors less experienced developers.
* Independently track project statuses and inform manager of escalations
* Attends weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates
* Safeguards protected health information from any intentional or unintentional disclosure in compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
* Uses the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Business, IT, Healthcare, or related experience preferred.
* Minimum of 2 related experience, including healthcare, clinical, or revenue cycle systems and report development desired.
* Strong knowledge of SQL required; ability to write complex relational and multidimensional SQL queries and complex stored procedures
* 4 - 6 years' experience with business intelligence tools: Microsoft BI stack, SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Qlikview, or Tableau is highly preferred.
* Epic Professional Billing Clarity experience required.
* Epic Clarity Certification in multiple revenue cycle data models preferred: Resolute Hospital Billing,Resolute Professional Billing, ADt/Prelude, Cadence and HIM.
* Experience with Epic Reporting Workbench reports and extracts, Radar, and Caboodle is a plus.
* Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
* Ability to work effectively in a matrixed, agile reporting environment.
* Ability to effectively conduct meetings and present, both formal and informal including departmental and clinical user meetings.
* Prior experience working within healthcare, revenue cycle or clinical systems is desirable, but not required.
* Solid problem solving and negotiation skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills. Can effectively translate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Understands the technology capability as it relates to the business requirements.
* Understanding of change management techniques, and the ability to apply them.
* Office setting, with some local travel between Partners Healthcare System sites.
* May require occasional travel for training
* Must be available for after-hour support
About Partners HealthCare
Partners HealthCare is a not-for-profit health care system that is committed to patient care, research, teaching, and service.