What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Primary Role of this position is:
Working with a mentor, develop test programs for debugging, characterizing and production testing next-generation AMD processors. Work on Automated Test Equipment (ATE) platforms and System Level Test (SLT) platforms. Debug test infrastructure issues including test hardware, test software, and product-specific IP. Develop software tools and scripts that support Test process.
Support overall compatibility, compliance, and test coverage of processors from product definition through product qualification and into high volume production by developing product specific test hardware, software and diagnostics. The test platforms and test infrastructure use various coding and scripting languages like Java, C++, C, Python, PERL, and Ruby to manipulate the device under test to ensure proper device functionality.
Potential roles of a Product Development Co-op include:
* Develops and implements test programs/software to test and analyze AMD products.
* Develops test requirements and specifications.
* Develops software tools and scripts that support test process, program debug/audit, test time analysis etc.
* Performs logic and circuit design verification via software and hardware.
* Works with product engineering, characterization and platform debug teams to define and debug existing and new products.
* Debugs test infrastructure issues in hardware, software, device, or manufacturing flow domains.
* Support product improvement activities including driving cost reduction and yield improvement initiatives and resolving quality issues.
* Works on related projects and/or assignments as needed.
Years of experience and education: Candidates will be enrolled in a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
* Experience with C++ or other high level software programming languages (Java, C, C#)
* Courses in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Digital Logic, Circuit Theory
* Familiar with Linux or Unix Operating Systems
* Familiar with Microsoft standard apps (i.e. Office), Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
* Scripting language experience with Perl, Ruby, shell script, or similar
* Experience in the XP, AGILE, Scrum, and/or Kanban programming paradigms.
Experience with revision control (SVN,CVS,RCS or similar) on a large software project
Requisition Number: 68949
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is a semiconductor company that designs and develops graphics, processors, and media solutions for commercial and consumer markets.