CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in cloud management. We are the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud, and are used by customers and partners to manage costs, security, governance and service automation in public and private clouds. Our customers are among the largest consumers of public cloud infrastructure in the world, and depend on us every day to help manage the complexity that comes with large scale adoption of the cloud. We are searching for a self-motivated and driven engineering manager who is passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about driving customer value and innovation in a fast moving emerging market. As a Manager of Software Engineering, you'll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and people as we work together to solve some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Why we're excited about you:
* You have a passion for driving value to customers through the software you and your teams create.
* You care deeply about creating and growing great software teams, and mentoring individuals.
* You inspire people around you to do their best, and have a track record of consistently getting the best performance from the people who work for you.
* You are a technologist with a deep curiosity, and a passion for building great products.
* You are an expert at removing roadblocks to ensure our engineers can get their work done efficiently.
* You build and manage measurable project plans, using traditional or agile methods, that meet or exceed business goals.
* You organize your teams toward a laser focused mission, and ensure they consistently meet or exceed expectations.
* You build measurable goals with your teams and direct reports and ensure they meet or exceed them.
* You drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the software development life-cycle.
* You communicate good news and bad news early and often.
* You never shy from making the difficult decisions.
* You build a good working relationship with teams outside of engineering.
* 3-5 years as a software development manager with multiple direct reports.
* 5-7 years as a software development engineer.
* Proven expertise in agile development.
* Experience delivering SaaS applications.
* Hands on experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery methods and practices.
* Deep understanding of cloud computing principles and practices.
* Experience in delivering highly scalable products.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
We're already intrigued, but would love experience with:
* Public clouds (AWS, Azure, Google).
* IT management, including monitoring, asset management, capacity planning and/or cloud management.
Apply now Apply now
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.