Our Cloud Technical Expert - Services Advisors are experts in showcasing and interacting with Microsoft devices and software, providing world class service at our Answer Desk in-store and on-site at customer's business locations. These Cloud Technical Experts will engage with our business customers to assist them with our business products and services offerings in-store. Through these customer engagements, Services Advisors help both consumer and business customers to see what is possible with technology, ultimately empowering them to achieve more through one to one support, personal training sessions, and small group workshops. You will also service as technical resource for our Business Solutions Specialist (BSS) in both pre-sales and post-sales activities. You will hold business conversations with the customers to understand their needs and qualify leads and introduce them to the store's Business Solutions Specialist (BSS). You will be equipped with best-in-class tools that enable highly efficient and accelerated sales activities
Microsoft Store is the public face of Microsoft, where every individual, community and business can directly experience all that's possible with Microsoft, and we're looking for the best and brightest talent to tell our story. Are you interested in a career where you can inspire customers and make an impact while building lifelong skills? If so, we're the place for you! Help connect customers with their passions to achieve more, through our physical and digital retail properties. Microsoft Store includes jobs in physical retail locations, digital property teams and corporate locations.
* A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
* Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren't a tech expert
* Career opportunities for all our employees
* Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
* Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
* Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
* 3+ years as a computer technician or helpdesk support or 1 year in a computer or technology education program
* Microsoft certifications OR experience/education in technology/IT
* Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
* Consistently practices strong organizational, communication, project management, and problem solving skills.
* Contributes to team operational precision by active design of and participation in community initiatives?
* Thrive in a fast-paced team oriented, dynamic, public-facing environment driven to achieve results
* Experience in selling consumer electronics or technology solutions
* Deep understanding of Microsoft products including, but not limited to: Windows, Xbox, Windows Phone, Surface, and cross-platform services like Skype, OneDrive, OneNote, and Office and how each of those products competes in the marketplace.
* Experience in maintaining a client relationship management database (Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred)
* Proven success in metrics-driven, consultative service environment
* Previous technology/product/software teaching or training experience
* BA or BS Preferred or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Empathetically assess customer support needs through listening, diagnosing, and repairing their devices, helping customers discover, use, and love Microsoft hardware, software, and services
* Deliver collaborative and enrichening one-on-one training sessions to both consumer and business customers, helping them acquire the skills needed to enhance their knowledge around our products and services
* Support our Cloud products with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 and Office 365 (will include all Cloud Services as our business continues to grow)
* Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including activity based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
* Leverage best-in-class support and communications tools to accelerate customer issue resolution, support sales growth in conjunction with the BSS to maintain high daily activity
* Communicate with customers and colleagues effectively through phone and email
* Work in a fast-paced, collaborative and dynamic team environment with store associates across all Microsoft Stores
* Obsess over Microsoft's customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
* Identify and communicate potentially complex repair situations to store leadership as appropriate, maximizing time efficiency in resolution with a high-level attention to detail
* Continuously maintain technical knowledge by learning through others, along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings, building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
* Routinely works through a diverse and complex scope of support issues
* Solves complex support issues effectively. Escalates as necessary for confirmation of solutions or other options as needed
* Assesses customer risks and needs and recommends appropriate service offerings to proactively address
* Documents recommendations and presents to customer and Business Solution Specialists (BSS)
* Proactively delivers recommended/agreed-upon services to achieve high customer satisfaction and trust
* Decisions sometimes impact immediate group and other related groups
* Determines most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing internal resources when necessary
* Occasionally leads sharing of best practices and guidance with Answer Desk & BSS community
Drive for Results
* Proactively assess customer's needs and recommend complete solutions that enhances their overall customer experience
* Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
* Approaches every customer interaction and internal partnership with a Growth Mindset to help improve our business processes, interactions, and find the solution that meets our customer needs
* Seeks opportunities to learn and improve their technical and professional skills
* Shares their skills and knowledge with the local business community and internal store team to help in advancing their skills and knowledge
* Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
* Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
* Works closely with the BSS, Business Expert, Store Management, and Cloud expert to find the customer focused technical solution for our customers that are adopting or updating their cloud services, products, hardware, or other Microsoft services
* Effectively respond to changing in-store consumer and business environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
* Ability to facilitate business engagement experiences through in store briefings, workshops, events, and demos
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.