This is an exciting career opportunity to work at McKesson's Las Colinas Global Headquarters. The position will provide critical application and hardware support for the 31+ Pharma Distribution Centers and will support, modify, and document processes and procedures for the Open Systems Operations Support Group. The position will be responsible for all Technology supporting the
This position is responsible for supporting, understanding and managing Open Systems applications used by McKesson Pharma Distribution Centers. This position will support existing hardware and applications as well as newly acquired ones. Evaluate and corrects Application problems and failures according to SLA, including StreamServe, TLM, SCI, Slotting, LM, DF, and various applications supporting the Distribution Centers. Participate in IT projects and provide exceptional customer service. Provides 7x24 on-call support via team rotation for all supported items. Research and recommend application technology solutions. Recommend changes in System and Application maintenance, and standards.
Other responsibilities include:
* Analyze create and document processes and procedures.
* Monitor, tuning, troubleshoot and recover applications hosted on various platforms but not limited to IBMi, AIX, Linux or Windows.
* Install and configure packaged applications.
* Research and recommend technology solutions.
* Provide technical escalation support.
* Work closely with warehouse personnel and DC management business partners on an ongoing basis to ensure stable operational functionality.
* 4+ years' experience supporting large enterprise systems.
* 4+ years' experience or equivalence in System Administration and Build of Windows 2012+ and RHEL 7.x in a production environment.
* Understanding of Network terminology and concepts.
* Understanding of IBM HTTP Server, Tomcat, Microsoft IIS, and/or similar web server technology
Additional Knowledge & Skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills including collaboration and facilitation.
* Goal oriented and will take the initiative to do what it takes to achieve business goals.
* Strong analytical skills are required to examine systems and processes thoroughly.
* Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify, organize, prioritize, and ensure timely completion of tasks.
* Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with customers, contractors, and colleagues.
* Adaptable, dependable, and willing to learn independently.
* Navigating escalated concerns through vendor support structures.
* Strong understanding of Agile methodology.
4-year Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
* Microsoft Windows 2012 MTA (desired)
* Linux Certification (desired)
* Other certifications related to the field
General Office Demands, some travels required.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.