Partners Data Systems
This ever-evolving internal role will support the on-going operation and improvement of critical systems in our hosted private cloud environment, as well as the addition of public cloud services. Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, this position requires a highly motivated and engaged high achiever who can bring a solid foundation to the role, while quickly acquiring and applying new technologies. This position is best suited to a hands-on contributor who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is energized by new technical challenges.
The ideal candidate will help the hosting team to move forward with efforts related to automation, process improvement, and delivery of continuous service improvement for our internal and external customers.
* Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of hosted customer infrastructure
* Respond to incidents and service requests affecting hosted environments
* Deploy and maintain our cloud environment, with insight into hardware, virtualization, and operating system (primarily Linux)
* Complete traditional Unix Administration tasks quickly and competently
* Participate in deployment of custom hosted enviro from architecture to delivery for custom hosted environments
* Support SAN and VMware environments
* Maintain scripts/utilities for process automation
* Minimum of 2-4 years experience administering UNIX systems, including installation, troubleshooting, and upgrades
* Experience maintaining UNIX-based systems
* Shell scripting and/or Perl experience
* Passion for automation and workflow improvement
* Focus on meeting project and SLA commitments
* Strong knowledge of standard UNIX subsystems such as printing, Sendmail, DNS, and NFS. Installation experience with Sendmail, Postfix, and/or DNS strongly desired.
* Experience working in a software development environment with many Unix/Linux variants
* Ability to work within a clear change management process
* Broad troubleshooting experience
* Apache web server build and deployment a key skill - client certificate experience desired
* Proven problem-solving and technical support skills
* Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail
* Occasional weekend and/or evening work when dealing with critical system upgrades or problem resolution. Ability to carry pager on a rotating basis required (compensation provided).
* Hands-on experience with SAN storage - setup and troubleshooting exposure (Pure/EMC/other)
* Enterprise backup technology knowledge (Veeam/Networker)
* VMware experience/exposure (VM creation and configuration, VCenter installation/upgrade, VRealize automation)
* Experience delivering hosted systems
* Automation/DevOps experience
* Monitoring and alerting system experience (Nagios, VRA, etc.)
* Experience deploying multi-tiered environments on AWS/other public clouds
About InterSystemsInterSystems is the information engine that powers some of the world's most important applications. In healthcare, finance, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems has been a strategic technology provider since 1978. InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.