We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:
The Cloud Systems Engineer will focus on moving existing on-premise, solutions to the cloud as well as engineering new solutions with a cloud-first approach. As our use of the cloud continues to increase and becomes more complex, this dedicated position will serve as the primary support resource for critical IT initiatives.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Engineer and support a wide range of enterprise cloud solutions within multiple cloud services; Azure, AWS, Google
* Develop cloud migration paths for our existing on-premise systems
* Develop and implement standards and best practices as it relates to cloud solutions
* Organize collaborative discussions with department stakeholders to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud
* Implement automation techniques to maximize efficiencies of our cloud based systems
* Configure and manage system monitoring and alerts for our cloud infrastructure
* Develop and maintain documentation on our cloud solution business continuity
* Evaluate proof-of-concepts for server, storage, network, and security technologies to support the cloud infrastructure.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of experience in Windows Server installation and overall Windows systems administration
* 3+ years of experience in Cloud computing with the primary focus on Azure
* Strong understanding of cloud computing capabilities and limitations, business drivers, virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models
* On-premise vs Azure analysis methods and best practices
* Thorough understanding of system and infrastructure management in the Azure Cloud environment (Windows servers, firewalls, load balancers, hypervisors, storage, monitoring, security etc.)
* Basic understanding of and/or ability to solution service offerings across multiple tiers
* Ability to support automation efforts with scripting skills
* Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
* Strong logical and analytical thinker
* Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision Able to find root causes of problems and quickly determine efficient solutions
* Can anticipate risks and mitigate in the moment
* Comfortable under high-stress and exhibits poise and focus
* High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
The Swinerton Family of Companies provides commercial construction services throughout the Western United States.