AWS Premium Support is coming to Chicago to interview candidates from June 25th to June 28th. If you are interested in a Cloud Support Associate/Engineer role, please apply! Candidates will be able to choose their job location: Herndon, VA (Metro DC/HQ2 Area), Portland, OR or Dallas, TX!
PROFILES: Big Data, Programming, Analytics, DevOps, and Databases
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Support is a self-standing business within AWS and continues to be one of our fastest and most innovative businesses. At AWS, we are at the forefront of innovation and support all AWS technologies from Compute to Storage to Database to Big Data to Application-level services. We pride ourselves on world- class customer service.
We are seeking engineers that enjoy solving problems and working with customers, and that have technical backgrounds from a variety of different fields including Linux and Windows systems administration, database design and optimization, big data analysis, network administration, and dev ops. Our AWS Support Engineers are the 'voice of the customer' and have a strong relationship with the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests. As part of this team you get to work with some of the best and brightest engineers and business folks around the globe - solving never-before-seen challenges, scaling services to astronomical proportions and driving innovation. Our business is centered around people and technology and you will have the ability to make a direct impact on customer success.
Why AWS Support?
* Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
* Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events.
* Interact with engineers from leading technology companies around the world
* Career development within AWS Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, tier 2.5 / SME, team lead, and technical account manage
* Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
* Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
* Drive customer communication during critical events
* Follow-the-sun model with support sites in 6 locations globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
* Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time of 8 or 10 AM.
* Open to working 1 weekend day as part of an offset 5 day week (Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat)
Technical profiles available (1 to be chosen):
* Analytics (Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Cloudsearch, Redshift)
* Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, HDFS, Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Yarn, HTFS, Sqoop, Python, shell scripting)
* Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, performance tuning, HA databases, database scaling)
* Deployment/DevOps (Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology; Git/Perforc/SVN/TFVC; Chef/Puppet/Docker/Jenkins/Ansible; Apache Tomcat,/Nginx/Glassfish/JBoss/Puma/IIS; Bash/PowerShell/Ruby/Python/ebextensions)
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.